BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked a trip tomorrow with STS fishing guide. Just received a call from Vic Cairo that the fishing guides were told not to bb. It looks like it is going to be bar fishing and sturgeon for us.

Hopefully will catch a nice spring salmon while bar fishing. If anybody has knowledge for this time of year bar fishing, please let me know. I for one never barfed, O0 so any information will be helpful.

All I know is that the setup for barfing is include heavier weights to hold the bait on one spot, using spin and glo and wait for the cowbell to ring.

The trip was booked a few days ago, before the announcement of fraser closure for Sockeye.

Part of me wished that it was open as taking a couple of co-workers that have come up from Chile that never experienced river fishing.

I wonder how many guide trips were cancelled this week once it was found out that the Fraser River was closed for sockeye.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Your trip will be fun, anyway. I have been out with Vic and his guides several times and they have never disappointed and we have never BB for any species. These are pro guides you are going with. You will catch fish and have a blast......The jet boating on the river for those that have never experienced it will find it pretty exciting.......Ortho 8)

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
If anybody has knowledge for this time of year bar fishing, please let me know.
You are paying big dollars so I would expect the guide to earn his/her money by providing as much info you need so the next time you are on the water you can have a go at it all on your own! Trust me, they will know where to go and what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.