BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good luck Trav ...... hope my suggestions help you out ........ really wondering where you ended up going ...... Mission area (??) ...... Stave/Whonnock area (??) ........ or Lower River(??).

Sooooo Many Places ...... Sooooo Little Time :happy: It's like a crap shoot. :confused: :wallbash:

Hope you had a great day and ended up hooking into a couple dinos. :beerchug:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I went out today for a while as well. Fished the lower, hooked and lost one. Even on high and high slack tide the current was ripping out pretty good, should have brought more weight, I was only using 12 oz and probably could have gotten the ollie closer to where I wanted it with a 16. But, it was nice to get out and finaly fight something for a while again. ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Big Steel said:
I went out today for a while as well. Fished the lower, hooked and lost one. Even on high and high slack tide the current was ripping out pretty good, should have brought more weight, I was only using 12 oz and probably could have gotten the ollie closer to where I wanted it with a 16. But, it was nice to get out and finaly fight something for a while again. ;D
Thats what you get for using those DNE hooks, sweetie.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we started early, kinda. My Dad and I launched from Fort Langley and decided to hit a few spots, thanks GoFish! Unfortunately we didn't touch any fish today, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. We probably hit 7 or 8 spots that looked good but no takers. Not many people out there today either, I think I only saw a total of 5 boats from Fort Langley to Stave. The river is higher than normal and running quickly, but not that much debris in the river which was nice not having to dodge a piece of driftwood every 5 feet.

Just after noon I decided to tempt some springs at the mouth of the stave, trying out some backtrolling. I am pretty sure I have the technique but again no takers. Took the old man for a ride up to the pumphouse, wow is the stave high right now! After cruising out of the Stave we hit a few more spots for some sturgies, the last spot I almost lost my anchor to the river but managed to work it free after a 15 minute spirited battle with what I expect was a 2-300 pound log.

All in all it was a nice day on the water, though my Dad might be cursed. It is the third time he has joined me on the river and each time we have been skunked.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't get into any dinos Trav. I'm sure it wasn't for a lack of trying. It may have been slow due to the weather ...... low barometer. I'm sure it was cool being out on the water with your dad just the same.

How was the launch at Fort Langley?? I've never launched from there.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
229 Posts
GOFISH said:
How was the launch at Fort Langley?? I've never launched from there.

GOFISH 8)
Launch there is not very good, at low water you will be dropping off the end of the launch into a foot of mud and launching into a foot of water. Ive seen it low enough that you can walk across to MacMillan island. We couldn't launch a jet ski there at that time and along with the comments from Gofish I've heard the crime rate there is bad.

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Just after noon I decided to tempt some springs at the mouth of the stave, trying out some backtrolling.
How did your experimenting with "back trolling, back bouncing, back biting, side drifting, boondogging" go? Can you tell I was in Oregon last week? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The bite has been slow...the good boys are getting 8-12 fish/day....and the one's that I've talked to have not been using oolies....but eels, roe, and the stinky secret bait :thumbup:

Mike <")))))><

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.