BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be fishing the fraser between mission and hope monday for dinos. Im new to sturgeon fishing, never caught one before. Anyone care to suggest a location and or bait? I was thinking salmon chunks and I have some old roe in the freezer I will take too. Any help with this would be :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any place is decent from Surrey to Hope. Not sure if you have boat or from shore only? Right under the Mission bridge on the south side is a ok spot I have heard. Water is real high and moving now so it's completely different out there now. Eulichans, smelt, roe, worms would be my bait of choice now.

G

·
warlo527 said:
Any place is decent from Surrey to Hope. Not sure if you have boat or from shore only? Right under the Mission bridge on the south side is a ok spot I have heard. Water is real high and moving now so it's completely different out there now. Eulichans, smelt, roe, worms would be my bait of choice now.
The "snag hole" watch out for the big stumps and logs in there! I lost several large fish in there in the past! Right now there doesn't seem to be a bait out performing any others. ANYTHING GOES!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sunday was probably the best bite we had in awhile.... stayed in the same 400 yard stretch of the river for 6 hours.... I lost several fish (waiting for surgery, not overly mobile!).... we ended up with a dozen plus... nothing big as our biggest was touching 5 ft..... we were in 42 ft of water, tucked out of the debris field and had a good day!

Mike
:thumbup:

·
Registered
745 Posts
worms are good through out the year..... high water means more worms washed in, which means more food for the sturgies..... real hard to beat the ollies right now though, we usually with try 3-4 baits when we start every day and switch over to one bait after the second fish is caught.....

G

·
Good to see your getting some fish, I have been fishing way up high on the river. Its very intense or was I should say, as the amount of debris coming down is radical, good thing I have teflon haha I just drive right on over the logs ;D but oolichans don't even come up where I've been. I am using roe, and a few other critters, and doing quite well. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.