1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who: Riverside Fly & Tackle 2847 Shaughnessy St. Port Coquitlam
When: Sunday May 13th 2007, 9:00am-5pm Lunch at 1:00 2 Bit Bar
Cost: $30.00 for each individual entry

It's that time of year again, Riverside Fly & Tackle's annual Sturgeon Derby on the Lower Fraser. The boundaries for the derby are from the Mission Railway Bridge to Port Mann Bridge.

Any further questions please call the shop 604-944-2479 or stop by to register. If you need Eulachons or other bait we got it all.

Let's see who can defend their titles. ;D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
May be and interesting time ........ will have to think about it. :thumbup:

Just a thought ......... it might be hard to host a lunch there because won't Two Bit Bar be under about 10 feet of water by then? :confused:

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
224 Posts
GOFISH said:
May be and interesting time ........ will have to think about it. :thumbup:

Just a thought ......... it might be hard to host a lunch there because won't Two Bit Bar be under about 10 feet of water by then? :confused:

GOFISH 8)
Its actually Duncan Bar

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That makes more sense .......... at least there may be some dry land. :happy:

Wonder how many people usually attend this Derby??? Anyone been to it before???

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
694 Posts
There was enough foks last time to make the winner a fair bit richer :beerchug: Good times :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I am definately going to try and get in on this one! It would be my first sturgeon derby, man I love fishing :happy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
eimaj said:
There was enough foks last time to make the winner a fair bit richer :beerchug: Good times :thumbup:
A few more inches and we would have taken home the cash in the last derby hey buddy ;) Oh well atleast I got a new Trophy XL Sturgeon rod for second place :beerchug:

·
Registered
694 Posts
All I got was a hat for third :confused:

That was a blast last year, wasn't it 2 over 6ft in the last 45 minutes? I tell you fishing slack water like that just seemed silly to me :thumbup:

Thanks again BB

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've never had the urge to fish in a Sturgeon Derby before ...... how do you register the size your catch?

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Picture of fish with tape measure and that days news paper. Little bit of an honour system :beerchug:

·
Registered
224 Posts
eimaj said:
All I got was a hat for third :confused:

That was a blast last year, wasn't it 2 over 6ft in the last 45 minutes? I tell you fishing slack water like that just seemed silly to me :thumbup:

Thanks again BB
Thats my favorite spot on the lower river. I have never been skunked there to this day. We were having no luck when we started in the first spot but once we moved to my honey hole things changed quickly didnt they ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
caught a nice one a little under 5 ft. today, just below Island 22. lots of nibbles, only one hooked. saw a six footer jump 20 ft. from the boat, what a sight. Fished with Steve Kaye, nice boat, nice guy, plenty of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
In answer to your question in the sports forum Dave ...... gotta see if I have to work (hope not) ..... then have to find out if anyone else wants to go. Actually I was going to get you to show me some of your lower river hot spots ;) but I guess Thrasher beat me to it.
:pissed: (j/k)

Would be kind of nice to have a party on the river and catch a monster or 4 :thumbup: :beerchug:

GOFISH 8)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
There's a few maps out that are nearly bang on , GPS and all, but I'm sure you've seen them allready.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I Figured I would bump this to the top. I have a question as well. Do you have to be there is person the register? Or can I go in and register my team mates and myself being that they are a long distance away. :)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
I'm sure a name and address is all they need and of course yo money...... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts