BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually fish sturgeon from Febuary until November.... due to surgery, we go a slow start this year! ::)

Well I must say that over the last two weekends that the fishing has really picked up for us.... :happy:...ollies have be the bait of choice along with the odd ditch eel....

Last sunday was a dozen plus fish with quite a few lost (losing my touch in my old age :-[), all in basically the same spot, well actually two spots about 3-400 yarda apart and roughly six hours of fishing.... the week before we fished the same area with 8-10 fish and the largest pushing towards the seven foot mark.... :beerchug:

So get out there people, tuck in tight to the banks, out of the debris flow and have some fun!

Mike
:thumbup:

G

·
Well its been slay fest for me aswell, loving my early retirement, I tagged team yesterday with a dude named m dog off the board, and we put the hurt on the fish way up high where no one but drift netters haha that was funny seeing them get a 15 foot log jammed in their net haha. Anywho I got 12 to mine and m dog got 15 to his, biggest were 6,7,7 1/2 to mine, and 6,7 1/2, 8 to his, lots of small scrappy fish to go around. Tying to trees was a must in sum spots ;D fished around 30-35 feet, using eels, roe, and some other critters :beerchug:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hmmm :confused: i was out sunday as well and we got nothing :wallbash:

how far up river were you guys? we were from just above mission bridge to mouth of Vedder :beerchug: and were using oolies also. had a few small nibbles at the first spot and then nothing anywhere else.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we fish below Mission, several spots from the Ferry down to the "boat house"..... was really suprised at the total lack of boats fishing.... I think we saw a total of 4 besides ourselves!!!

I have to admit, the water is very high, very dirty and filled with more debris and salad, but it is all part of fishing ... we were lucky to be able to tuck in out of the way and not worry about anything floating down river!

Looking forward to Saturday already.... :happy:... :drunk:

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out again on Saturday.....

The bite was constant, no big fish, but outside of 1-1 1/2hrs, we had bites every 10-15 minutes approx..... water still very high but a lot cleaner than it has been over the last 3 weeks.... water temp up over 50 now so most fish are having attitudes and going air born!!

Good day to be out there, not too hot and only saw three other guys fishing.... :confused:

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another update!!

Was out Saturday again, my son and I, fishing was great!!

We were anchored just after 7 and had constant action until just after noon...

Went for a run up to Sumas Flats....can you say windy, whitecaps, cold and wet?? PLus the current was pretty fast!

back down lower, a couple more fish and headed home....From Fort Langley to Sumas, including ourselves, there was only 8 boats seen in early afternoon!!!

· Registered
35 Posts
Not much of a report I must admit. I went out with a buddy who had never been sturgeon fishing before.....unfortunately he still has never been sturgeon fishing. I got skunked for the first time in 2 years. Not even a single bite today. I fished from the Stave to Haney wharf and with the help of my buddy pulled the anchor a dozen times. I hit all my favorite holes bot nadda. We were using ooligans and for the second half of the day tried one rod with lamprey....nothing worked today. Did however manage a nice sunburn.....hate that when it's cloudy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.