BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out last week ,and again yesterday and we havent had much luck. After we went out the first time - after we came home, we thought maybe we hadnt rigged the smelt up properly, as we had left on the fins and didnt watch to see if the fish was swirling. (Pretty sure they were) So next time we went out we cut off the fins and made sure the fish was not rolling. We have read contradicting articles one says to have the fish straight and the other says to have it swirling??? We tried 2 different areas. one - dropping the boat in Ft langley and trying a number of areas there and yesterday we tried dropping the boat at Island 22 and we went to the area we did really well at last August - but didnt get anything there eitherl. Anyways were going to go out again on the weekend and I wanted to ask about the rigging of the fish and if anyone knows which area is the best this time of the year.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well when sturgeon fishing - I would like to ask about the strikes. When we have been out we dont know really whether we have small fish biting or sturgeon. I remember last summer (the first time we sturgeon fished) We basically ignored the small tapping and waited for the BUMP, BUMP, BUMP. Cause that is when we set the hook! Hopefully we werent missing all the bites with all the nibbles.
We got out today bought the proper oolies and were going to give it a try this weekend. We have a depth sounder and a GPS with a map of the river up to chilliwack (the sounding map) We will try the worms and the shrimp sandwich too :happy: :happy:
Thanks guys for taking all the time and helping us out! Will let you know how it goes! I really need a sore arm this weekend :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.