BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the hype with the Vedder and now the Sockeye opening, I've been sticking to trying for Sturgeon lately. My first year going for Sturgy, I finally got my first this past week, but also landed my second, which turned into over an hour-long battle that eventually resulted in a FAT 79 incher!! Now I am hooked! Luckily for us there were 2 other guys nearby who came to our assistance with valuable tips and picture taking for us. If you're on here I just wanna thank you again for the help and the awesome pictures Bruno and friend. Wish i knew how to post them up here. Good luck out there guys!!

Cheers! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
To post a photo - open a photo bucket account -www.photobucket.com click browse - upload your photo after its uploaded click DIRECT Link
Then come back to this site and click the image insert button - (the 2nd from the bottom) Then put your curser - in the middle of the 2

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here goes. This is the sturgeon from Friday. A friend and I brought him to the boat and the pics were taken by a couple passing fishermen...thanks Bruno!

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l469/FIRE-FISH27/JEFFDAN7.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last night my girlfriend, a friend and I went out again for some possible sturgeon action and my gf hooked into this monster which was eventually brought in by all 3 of us for some Kodak opportunities! :beerchug:

·
Registered
190 Posts
those pictures are awesome. love the half-capsized boat!
kudos to the gf for handling the fish...most girls I know wouldn't touch a sturg if their life depended on it.
for your first few sturgy's, those are some great fish. My first dozen or so were all under 3ft

·
Registered
210 Posts
great pictures but i did not see any handy lifejackets. i fished in lilooett for 15 years with a guide and he never started the boat until all life jackets were on. a 7ft sturgeon could pull you over before you knew it. you do not want to fool around in the fraser. safe fishing is number one.

jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.