BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hit the Fraser with my sturgeon slayer son, rln and barskull, we found a bar with nobody on it so we fished. WE BAR FISHED, not the other type of fishing :naughty:. we managed several hits and and all ended up taking some small springs home. I ended up beaking one off landed on the bar, :wallbash: swam back to the river. I killed one @65 cm and another at 45 cm, rln caught a beauty about 7 or 8 after being there for 5 minutes.
barskull also killed one about 4-5 lbs.

all in all a good day, besides the several rain showers (only above us). I'm so tired of running to that darn rod only to miss the buggers.

·
Registered
886 Posts
jetboatjim said:
I forgot to mention , I made my 2 piece Fraser king a 4 piece.
Well Jim you have a pack rod now... It will be good for hiking into those remote Bass lakes... :cheers: sage lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
noxcape said:
nice fish guys make my springs i caught today on the chehalis look like old dirty boots lol but hey it was nice to catch some this early in there but nay ow nice fish guys makes me jelouse
Actually those springs in there are not early. Those fish are summer red springs aka just like vedder reds same broodstock. aka chiko springs from the upper fraser system... :cheers: sage

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice fish guys :thumbup: Was out dragging hardware today but no takers :'( I'll be back at it again monday morning maybe drop the anchor for a while... Gonna be taking my dad with me so it would be nice to get some fish. I'll post a report either way :cheers:

Salmon Slayer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice fish man, I took my father in law and 2 brothers in law out to Wellington bar to do some bar fishing today too. Had 3 on but they threw the hook and we also missed a few on the way to the rods. The 5 guys bottom bouncing beside us landed 4 springs over 15 lbs including one that looked near 30. So far I am 0/4 on the Fraser while bar fishing for Springs but I am not quitting just yet!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
sage2106lb said:
noxcape said:
nice fish guys make my springs i caught today on the chehalis look like old dirty boots lol but hey it was nice to catch some this early in there but nay ow nice fish guys makes me jelouse
Those fish are summer red springs aka just like vedder reds same broodstock. aka chiko springs from the upper fraser system... :cheers: sage
They were originally Quesnel River chinook before DFO decided in their wisdom to shut down the hatchery near Likely.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
According to Peter Buck of the Chilliwack hatchery(who has been there since it was opened), the fish are actually originally derived from a small creek tributary of the Fraser. These fish spend their time holding in the Fraser and shoot up the creek at the first fall rain to spawn immediately. This is the apparent reason they are found bunched together in select runs and the reason they arrive in Fraser tribs where they are stocked in advanced condition. We spoke about this while fishing for them one day on the vedder in july.

The creek name eludes me now, but he was involved in the original stocking, so there you have it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.