BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going up to the sunshine coast in mid August to visit an old friend and perhaps take him fishing. Neither of us have a boat. I've heard of people casting and retrieving spoons for salmon from the beach, but not sure where exactly. I have never fished up there before, does anyone know if there are any places to catch salmon from shore or from any of the creeks? :cheers:

·
Registered
170 Posts
the best spot would be at Davis bay between chapman creek and the pier. Chapman creek is a hatchery creek and so there will be a run on hatchery cohos. I can`t remember when the run starts though. There is also chaster park in Gibsons and halfmoon bay and porpoise bay. Again I can`t remember when the run starts. I always used a boat to fish when I lived there. Stop in at trail bay sports in Sechelt and they can provide you the infor

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mid august should just get you the start of the coho run! All the places mentioned above are great spots. Chaster Creek is my personal favorite, as it is always less busy than the others. Try using crocodiles, rooster tails, or even small buzz bombs right off the shore. Last year I think I took about half a dozen nice coho off the beach. Great fun on light tackle. Keep me posted as to when you are coming up, because I will most likely be down on the beach myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.