BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if a swivel between the hook and the lure, say a spoon or spinner would improve the chance of a hookup.also what size of hook would be good for spoon chukin on the vedder

· Registered
1,461 Posts
twotone said:
i was just wondering if a swivel between the hook and the lure, say a spoon or spinner would improve the chance of a hookup.also what size of hook would be good for spoon chukin on the vedder
Yes it'll improve your hook up ratio, as the hook will be farther back and you end up getting the "short" strikes easier. Hook size depends on the fish that you are targeting, but I find 1/0 is a decent all round size.

· Registered
897 Posts
Spoons are all I used last year for coho, pinks and steelhead. excellent year ;D I don't use a swivel between the lure and hook, just a split ring. Make sure the point of the hook is to the concave side of the spoon.

· Registered
517 Posts
fisherforever said:
Spoons are all I used last year for coho, pinks and steelhead. excellent year ;D I don't use a swivel between the lure and hook, just a split ring. Make sure the point of the hook is to the concave side of the spoon.
that's what I do as well. and to me it works most of the time, no matter which kind of salmon I target. Of course I use different spoon size sand accordingly different hook sizes. I use spinners as well. And I love to fish with them. It give me the feeling of playing a bit more. I always had success with silver colorado spinners, the simplest and cheapest ones. the retrieving part is so exiting to me. the only problem is that small trouts like them so much, much more than salmons! :wallbash: I got 5 or 6 springs so far with spinners and spoons in the vedder in the last few weeks. :beerchug:

Giuseppe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.