BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, fished from 7 am to 6 pm, 4 rods, T-10 to North Arm. & 7 other boats, saw 1 fish taken. 14 lb. spring at 45 on chovie. Dead slow, used chovies, herring, Green/white Hootchies, Coyote spoons, **** nadda nothing. On the radio hardly anything on the west Van shore either. One of those frustrating Vancouver days, water was calm though. Good refreshments. Small herring like 3 inches every where, porpoises ever where, seals every where. 2 with real bad head aches ....
revenge is sweet !
H/T

· Registered
2 Posts
join the club. we trolled the sandheads south along roberts bank with all the best artillery but not a strike. there seemed to be tons of bai or ? on the sounder but not a nip this morning on the flood. picked up 4 nice dungeness while we were trolling so we had something to show for the morning. I can't believe that it is this slow. I was out for the afternoon flood tide on Tuesday of the T10 and nothing . went south today on the flood and nothing. anybody have any luck today? perhaps across at Thrasher or off Bowen?

· Registered
759 Posts
The bite was definitely off and it's getting late. The T10 area was very good to me earlier this week. No complaints there.

We're at the end of the season and terminal fisheries are in full swing. It'll be more miss than hit on given days off the Fraser mouth at this point. These fish will waste no time in heading into the Fraser to hold at the confluence of their natal tributaries.

For the majority, now is the time to clean up the boat and get 'er ready for winter.

Always a slow and sad time of year for many....particularly avid fishers like myself who are passionate about time spent on the water.

Chums will prove hard to catch unfortunately---as I said....heading into the river as soon as they arrive. Springs will do that too..so count on long trolls with 1-2 bites if you're lucky out there. Test fisheries indicate the bulk of the Spring run has past.

Focus on terminal fisheries and I think this is the best chance for success.

· Registered
759 Posts
scoopy said:
Hey fishin, I heard about a big run of harrison whites still coming through. Are these the fish that will be going straight up the river?

Matt
Hey Matt..

Yeah...these are the ones which will be totally more "miss" than hit. There's already a lot which have come through...however if what they say is true... 250 K of these would be a sight to behold---I wouldn't expect them to hold. We can only hope they don't cannon up the South Arm...and we at least get a good shot at these. Definitely listening for the word then it's time to get out and get busy!

The water out there is already winter crystal clear and I heard someone found a couple of them today out there.

Be optimistic... maybe that's the only way to be...

· Registered
232 Posts
I hear ya FM! I think the skunk may be finding its way back into the boat! I have been avoiding the Cap gong show and fishing the mouth of the north arm. At least you have some room to move there. I like to leave work and go fishing to relax, not be stressed at the cap with 9000 other boats! Oh well, I am going to keep trying my luck until the end of the season, then possibly upgrade my boat..... :yummy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.