BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
The best prices I've found are at Trotac, usually a couple of bucks less than any other place. With my discount, they beat the cheap guys like WalMart too. They also have a very good selection of salt water gear, some fresh water gear, and a number of avid fishermen on staff, and one full time fishing guy. They are also far more down to earth than some of the senior guys at Island Outfitters. Trotac is located right beside the Ogden Point breakwater.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want bad service and attitude along with not great prices then go to Island Outfitters....Walmart is usually the cheapest for the majority of gear and I like the service there better than some of the other options. But thats just my :2cents:
Thanks for the info on trotac

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't use the "W" word. Most of the smaller shops do have tallented staff. Take the time to chat up more than one shop. Once they get to know you, it is amazing the little secrets they will let slide. I have found some great rivers to fish from talking to different staff. Let's see Willy Walmart do that. Think little or they'll all be gone and Wallyworld will be the only remaining store.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree with getting to know your local tackle shop guys...I did try to take the time and thats how I know I don't like the guys at my local tackle shop...I will pay for good service but I hate to pay for extra attitude...That could be the cause of the down fall of some of the little guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.