BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out from Island 22 this afternoon with the daughter for some Harrison Dino fishing at the booms just below the train bridge, got one 5 footer for her,now she's hooked too.
Just below Island 22 there is a huge bundle boom aground in mid river.
As luck would have it the tugboat that had it ground on him(Sea Imp XVII) came up by us when we were anchored in the Harrison. Nice guys, had a quick chat before they hooked onto another flat boom.
Seems the bundle boom will remain there till next freshet.I quess bundle style booms are a bit too deep for shallow sections of the river..
It is a bit of a navigational hazard esspecially for your night travellers.
Take care just below Island 22 launch,stay clear of the boom,don't want anyone to get sucked under it..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
These bundles have been in the river for over a week now, their is a couple more by Mosquito and another 1 below Catermole all from the same boom. I know the regular operator of that tug but he has been off for the last 2 month with a wrecked shoulder so I know it wasn't him that lost them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've been launching up river further so I haven't seen it yet. Gonna have to take a look as I can't recall what a bundle boom looks like.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
eimaj said:
Gonna have to take a look as I can't recall what a bundle boom looks like.
Take a dozen logs or so and cable them together in a bundle , now you have a bundle of logs . Now times that bundle by 50 or so and make a boom out them and you have bundle boom. Normally they only haul 2 or 3 section from the Harrison down Mission at a time............

·
Registered
587 Posts
there was one in the same spot all last winter as well. It seemed to do a decent job of directing some water away from the dike side and toward middle bar as we ended up with a nice channel forming in there again.....perhaps the glory days of bar fishing from mountain to wellington may rise again!!! :happy:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
cascademarine said:
It seemed to do a decent job of directing some water away from the dike side and toward middle bar as we ended up with a nice channel forming in there again.....perhaps the glory days of bar fishing from mountain to wellington may rise again!!! :happy:
I doubt it unfortunately. Midnight Point will never come back on middle bar, same with all the good bars that used to be in the channel BEHIND Wellington, because of MP. When they dredged the river just above Old Orchard in the summer of 92 it completely destroyed what was then the 2 best bars on the river, Hendersons and Bowmans. :2cents:

·
Registered
587 Posts
bowman's is still a good bar imho, just farther down.....i can still dream about the other bars though :cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
barskull said:
cascademarine said:
It seemed to do a decent job of directing some water away from the dike side and toward middle bar as we ended up with a nice channel forming in there again.....perhaps the glory days of bar fishing from mountain to wellington may rise again!!! :happy:
I doubt it unfortunately. Midnight Point will never come back on middle bar, same with all the good bars that used to be in the channel BEHIND Wellington, because of MP. When they dredged the river just above Old Orchard in the summer of 92 it completely destroyed what was then the 2 best bars on the river, Hendersons and Bowmans. :2cents:
Sorry I am unclear, why is the channel behind Wellington no good? I have always fished the "main side" but saw many fish taken in nets when I was out 2 weekends ago behind us just below the point of Wellington bar and always wondered if it was worth chucking my bar rig into that side as no one else seems to be there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.