BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the old man out on Saturday on my neighbours boat, but as my salt water experience is limited. The boat is large, well equipt, etc. and I am familiar with most trolling techniques, however, my local water knowledge is quite limited.

I f anyone could shed light on some decent spots for Springs in the English Bay, Bowen, Howe Sound area..it would be appreciated, as I really want to get him into some fish.

- most likely we will be dragging spoons, flashers etc.

also, is there much opportunity to buck tail, or at least drag a fly in the area?

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Wookie....

Bucktailing......not worth it. The only chance I could possibly see it working is "MAYBE" for coho's once they are stacking up around the Cap, but I have never heard of anyone trying it out there.

I would try hoochies, spoons and don't forget some anchovies as well. It sounds as though Bowen, Hutt and Tunstall are the better places now as the Howe Sound fish seem to be moving through.

Having said that I wouldn't "write off" the Bell Buoy, QA or along Ambleside.

Most the recent reports from tsweet and co. seem to be more out towards Bowen, Howe Sound area. There doesn't seem to be a recent report from Bon Chovy either. Hopefully someone who hasn't been stuck working on the "new house" lately :wallbash: can give you a bit more up to date report.

· Registered
11 Posts
hey wook,

camp byng, gower pt, salmon rk, tunstall, hutt, cotton pt, gambier harbour, grace islands. all would be great places to try. however do not spend too much time in one area. use a chart. the ebb tide seems to best recently. find some eddies using your sounder. anchovy/herring/pail hoochies. set a crab trap, sandy bottom in about 80ft. use fresh bait.

good luck, no squaglers

· Registered
249 Posts
I'd agree with all those places in Howe Sound...I'd also add the Hump which is about 4 miles south of the Roger Curtis Light House on the South West tip of Bowen Island. I can't give you any recent info for this week as I was up in Whale Channel guiding and slaying some nice big Kitimat River Nooks and 60lb Halis....

· Registered
1 Posts
I was out today just 1/4 mile off the south end of the second marker from the breakwater at the south arm of the Fraser. We we`re in 40 t0 70 ft. and we had fish stacked from 14 to 45 ft.. We went after them with hoochies of every color and coyote spoons. The schools that showed up on the sounder were massive. We picked up just a couple of shakers and a small flounder .I`d bring some anchovies with me and what ever you do do`nt look deep they were from14 to 45 ft.. We had a blast, good luck I hope you and your dad do well.
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.