BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ive been online for the past few days trying to find a place to visit and to fish. Finally decided on Telegraph Cove. Mostly to visit but Im obviously gonna fish as much as I can.

Has anyone been there recently?

Any tips for Halibut or Ling?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ashton...

Ask over on sportfishingbc.com I know you are a member over there as well and I think there is a long "reports" thread about the area. There tends to be a lot more individuals on that site who are well versed on the island. I am not well versed on the area but September may be a bit late....but you never know. I am sure someone will have MUCH better local info that I will for that time.

There is also a thread on there about Lings and methods that started somewhat recently. Some good tips on there but from my personal experience we have always done well finding stucture and fishing depths of ~30'-80'.....I am no expert just speaking from my past success.

Hopefully going to have some picture as I am jumping on a float plane this afternoon and flying to jump on a 130' Motor Yacht to cruise up North......Broughton, Sonora/Stuart area for the next 6 days. The friends I am connecting with have been into the fish so I am keepin' my fingers crossed.

BTW.....congrats on getting into your first AND second salmon!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks Pippen.

I joined that forum because you suggested it a few months ago. Tons of info.

There is a short thread about Telegraph Cove but it isnt very recent. I 'bumped' it so that I can get some more recent info.
Seems like the spring fishing is slowere but the Halibut is hot. I want white meat so Im happy!!

Anyways, if anyone's got some info. Id love to hear it.

Thanks guys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.