BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just wondering if temple fork outfitters is any good. Im looking for a 5 weight but dont want to spen a lot of money. I know the warranties good, just have to pay shipping and handling... is that the same for any other lifetime warranty? All input appreciates. Thanks :peace:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
reelangler said:
Hey all. Just wondering if temple fork outfitters is any good. Im looking for a 5 weight but dont want to spen a lot of money. I know the warranties good, just have to pay shipping and handling... is that the same for any other lifetime warranty? All input appreciates. Thanks :peace:
Some life time warranties have catches, such as handling fees. Having said that, Temple Fork rods are a very good product for the price range. They could easily get more if they wanted to. However their nitch is the mid price market, and they are one of the most popular brands out there today. Of those I know who one them, I've heard nothing but good things. Deffinitely worth the money.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Do a search for temple forks on this site and on the sister site: http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/ and you should be able to find all the information you need to make an informed decision.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i bought my self a 5weight temple fork about 5 years ago, still holding strong. i like it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The templefork rods are a good starting point, and for your lake fishing, you really don't need anything more. that however has never stopped most flyfishermen from spending their life savings on more :beerchug:

The other rod I did like in the lower price range was the Echo series one rods. I think they are more in the $150 range, but are a 4 piece with case.

http://www.echoflyfishing.com/echo_small.php M&Y carries both

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i myself dont have a temple fork fly rod however i have a Temple fork center pin rod and I love it

and they have a " no fault warranty" as i accidently shut my pin rod in the door of the truck and went to Reaction and i paid 30$ per broken peice so as i broke both ends it cost me 60$ plus taxes and because they had another right there BINGO BANGO new rod and back to the river :D :D :D :D

i rather liked that part of it not to mention the rod handles fish so well and is exactly what i was looking for for what i was willing to pay

for my fly rods I will have to say my favourite is my 5wght Sage as she casts oh so nice :D :D

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
242 Posts
You got lucky HOOK I had been told their drift rods only had a 1 yr warr.
Their fly rods have lifetime warr from what I was told

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I bought a T/F 5 weight flyrod last year (approx.$100.00 )and although I havn't used it a lot, I have to say when matched up with the correct line, it is a pleasure to cast, has great "feel" with a fish on and is good value. :D
This year, I bought a T/F 11ft. drift rod and I absolutely love it!...I bought it at Nikka in Steveston. I was given a discount and paid $150.00 for it and is it ever fun with 12 lbs of "steel" on the end of it!....Beautiful rod!!..I matched it with the Calc. 400 and 12lb Max ultragreen .......Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres a copy of their warranty on their site. as ive heard from you guys, its a really good company with great quality rods, but im wondering if most shops will usually comply with the warranty if a company goes under? im thinking of buying from M&Y or Sea-Run.

"NO-FAULT WARRANTY
Our No-Fault Warranty is for the life of the original registered owner. Send your registration card with each purchase to activate your warranty. Simply return a damaged rod with $25 for shipping & handling, and we will repair or replace your rod."

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woops, found this one from a Canadian site, maybe more legitamite than the other one. Can someone explain what it means with (per rod section). does it mean 25$ per how many pieces the rod is, or how many places it broke?

If you need to send in a rod for warranty follow these steps:
Just send the entire rod, broken piece(s) and all so we can match up the replacement parts (pre-paid freight, insured) to us at Springbrook Manufacturing 3809 9th Street SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 3C7.
Be sure to enclose your shipping and contact information and a note as to what the problem is.
Enclose a cheque or money order to Springbrook Manufacturing for the $25.00 handling fee (per rod section), plus $1.50 for the 6% GST* (or where applicable the $3.50 for the 14% HST) or you can also give us a Visa or MasterCard number if you prefer.
Your TFO warranty repair is usually shipped back to you within 24 hours upon arriving at Springbrook, the handling fee includes the shipping back to you.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
reelangler said:
heres a copy of their warranty on their site. as ive heard from you guys, its a really good company with great quality rods, but im wondering if most shops will usually comply with the warranty if a company goes under? im thinking of buying from M&Y or Sea-Run.

"NO-FAULT WARRANTY
Our No-Fault Warranty is for the life of the original registered owner. Send your registration card with each purchase to activate your warranty. Simply return a damaged rod with $25 for shipping & handling, and we will repair or replace your rod."
No shop will honour a warranty of a company that is out of business. The warranty is a manufacturers warranty, and as such has nothing to do with the shop you purchase a rod from. They can't get the rod replaqced into their stock, so they will not give you one out of it. That said, temple forks is a reliable company with a good track record-not likely to fold any time soon.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
knowing that, and thinking a bit i realise that you cant really beat the price. good rod, 110$, warranties great, company most likely wont go down for a while, sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the warranty covers the pieces broken

as when i broke mine i broke both pieces so i had to pay for both which was nicer because Reaction had the same rod there and honoured the warranty right there and handed me a new rod

was the reason why i went there as i know they sell TFO rods as Fred's does not :(

they are a great rod for the price i would surely say I love my 3113 pin rod and would think the fly rods they have would be of the same good quality and no i dont think they will be going under anytime soon. they should just keep getting bigger and better if they keep up the good work :D

HOOK

·
Registered
267 Posts
I find the TFO rods are great! ;D awesome price for what you get and you also have the lifetime warranty. For the money it costs I think its a good buy. I have a 4 weight and a 8 and they have been super out on the rivers and lakes. I broke the top section of my eight weight couple years back :-\, so I took it to the shop i got it from and they sent it in. No shipping for me, and a whole brand new rod. :happy: Couldnt of been happier. And, since it only took about a week. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so does the 25$ charge apply to each piece broken? say i have a 2 piece, and the top breaks... i only have to pay 25$? and if the two peices break then i pay 50$?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
reelangler said:
so does the 25$ charge apply to each piece broken? say i have a 2 piece, and the top breaks... i only have to pay 25$? and if the two peices break then i pay 50$?
you got it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went out to look at them a couple weeks ago with my brother in-law. He ended up buying one while we were there. I dont think you could get this craftsmanship in any other rod for this much $. These rods easily compare to higher end brands that are selling for 2-3 times as much! I'm quite sure my next rod will be a temple fork!

·
Registered
267 Posts
:confused: Has the warranty changed, becuase when mine broke (the top section) and i sent it in I got a whole new rod! Costed me zero. I guess i should mention that ruddicks sent it in for me as they are who I purchased it from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I borrowed a TFO 5wt for a trip and was quite pleased with it compared to my own rods which are primarily a bunch of different Sage's. I had no complaints and the rod I used had a pleasing action.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts