BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a decision about heading back to Terrace. I would like to stay closer to home though as we leave for Florida for some fishing in the flats on November 2nd. I am optimistic the Thompson will have sufficient numbers to open and will do so soon. To be clear I don't want it to open exclusively to save miles of driving at the expense of the fish, I want it to be deemed 'sustainable' to open the river. I may still head to Terrace if the projections are grim (relative I know) yet they still open it.

Does anyone know the results of test fishery yesterday, specific to Steelhead? On Friday a Kamloops newspaper made reference to the test fishery on Monday (yesterday) and the number of 5 Steelhead needed for an opening.

I have checked the link off the bcfishingreports.com home page, last posted results are from Sept. 24.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2,676 Posts
Lastcar said:
I have checked the link off the bcfishingreports.com home page, last posted results are from Sept. 24.

Thanks in advance.
That's the same link I use to find out the results. The only thing I can suggest is to give your local DFO office a call. They should be able to either give you the info. or point you in the right direction to finding it. As with a few others I hope I get to spend some time up on the Tommy this fall.
???
Finder ;)

· Registered
35 Posts
Recieved the test fishery yesterday it is ranked 7th out of the last 14 years. Which looks like it means it was better than last 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006. Not sure if that means much, but is still below average. I had a decent year last year on the Thompson, will it be better??? Who knows.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
While the first part of your post may be looked at as informative fish guardian and received with thanks it's too bad you couldn't have just left out the last part .............. "featherheads" :pissed: .......... just shows your true level of intelligence.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.