BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have posted this in the report section, but it's not a BC Report. I was in the States :)

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the 'chovy rigging tips. I had a couple of friends come up from out of town and one of them had never caught a salmon of any sort.

After reading the tips, rigged them with a hook in the back to make a nice spin and caught fish. Then later, after I got tired of messing around with trying to get the hook in the back just right, I merely pinned the head without any hooks in the chovy and caught fish as well. Ended up with 4 coho and one small king for the day.

Here is the newbie with his first salmon! His first fish made my day! (he's already got the long arm down like a veteran ;) )

Thanks again men for the tips!!!

Thrasher :cheers:

·
Registered
157 Posts
:cheers:very nice, you got out and put some fish in the boat, and even better your friend got his first salmon...

p.s. maybe I'm going through way to much trouble rigging up an Anchovie:)
I think I'm going to try pulling one backwards next time out:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice work Thrasher........where abouts were you fishing out of in the US of A???

Gotta laugh at Hardboy's comment about pulling one backwards.......I think sometimes we all over analyze what we should be doing.

Heck.......everyone talks of flasher colours etc....I didn't get to try it but I have sitting in the storage locker over in Kyuquot a Coke Can Flasher and it quite literally is a coke can. Apparently you can rig up cans and they WILL in fact catch salmon as this guy in Kyuquot I know confirmed he has done.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Heck.......everyone talks of flasher colours etc....I didn't get to try it but I have sitting in the storage locker over in Kyuquot a Coke Can Flasher and it quite literally is a coke can. Apparently you can rig up cans and they WILL in fact catch salmon as this guy in Kyuquot I know confirmed he has done.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that you use ginger ale or sprite for the coho.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work Thrasher........where abouts were you fishing out of in the US of A???

Gotta laugh at Hardboy's comment about pulling one backwards.......I think sometimes we all over analyze what we should be doing.

Heck.......everyone talks of flasher colours etc....I didn't get to try it but I have sitting in the storage locker over in Kyuquot a Coke Can Flasher and it quite literally is a coke can. Apparently you can rig up cans and they WILL in fact catch salmon as this guy in Kyuquot I know confirmed he has done.
I agree with sometimes over analyzing.

Saturday, I needed a flasher and was busy so I asked one of the guys to grab a flasher for me. They asked which one and I said I didn't care, just grab one as I was wanting to get the goods back down right away. He hands me one that I had never used before but had it in my bag for a while. 20 minutes later, DING... order up!!!

I was fishing the West Side of San Juans Island since I live near Blaine.

You did know that I am a Yankee didn't you? ;) ...(not overly proud of that however ;) )

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I was fishing the West Side of San Juans Island since I live near Blaine.

You did know that I am a Yankee didn't you? ;) ...(not overly proud of that however ;) )
Ha ha.........no I didn't. It appears as though Rick needs to speak to the BCFR "doorman" about letting all sorts of riff raff in to the BCFR club. :p ;) :peace:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
i agree with sometimes over analyzing.

Saturday, i needed a flasher and was busy so i asked one of the guys to grab a flasher for me. They asked which one and i said i didn't care, just grab one as i was wanting to get the goods back down right away. He hands me one that i had never used before but had it in my bag for a while. 20 minutes later, ding... Order up!!!

I was fishing the west side of san juans island since i live near blaine.

You did know that i am a yankee didn't you? ;) ...(not overly proud of that however ;) )
oh my god!!!! :eek: ..................... Security!!!! :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thrasher, I am in Ferndale and probably moving to Blaine...

I fished BC (Fraser Sockeye-only Satrday nobody was catching) and Vancouver Island (Campbell River) during the pinks runing...Caught three pinks,but my son had a blast.

He got his boat after that, but keeps it up here.

I am heading to California for some family time and will be back and if you need a fishing partner let me know...

Caught one native on the nooksack, then one week later a keeper. It was great tempura style...

I plan to take Canadian relatives out later when I get more educated on fishing...

I guess, I am a yank as well, but shop for Canadian made lures, etc in Canada, they are cheaper...

Tight lines to you all...

The Anchovy rigging information sure was great...

thanks to al...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts