BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched from Summerland yesterday with my step dad and his friend about 3pm and fished until just before 7pm. We fished around Crecent beach with nothing really showing on the finder so we headed across to Good creek area. We were trolling 1, 4 inch, trout pattern apex on the down rigger at 60 ft, 1, 4 inch, black/purple/silver pattern apex on the other down rigger at 80 feet, and 1, 2 inch, blue/silver apex out the back up top. We were fishing in an average of 200-350 ft. After an hour of nothing we brought in a nice 2 lb bow on the blue/silver apex. Beautiful, solid fish! An hour later I notice movement on the downrigger at 60 ft (trout pattern) The rod tip hit the water and then just started bouncing! The second I grabbed the rod I knew this was a big fish. It instantly stripped out 50 yards of line and then stopped. After that it actually came in fairly easy. 20 ft from the boat my line is straight down. I look down and see a huge shape swirling around. Im stoked. It comes up and into the net . An absolutly beautiful 13 lb bow! The colors on this fish were as nice as they get! I need everyone to know that I had all intentions of letting this fish go on to keep its genes in our lake but after a good fight and the fact that it had swallowed the apex and was bleeding alot out of the mouth, I couldnt revive it. This is the biggest fish Ive caught out of this lake, and the biggest bow I've ever caught.

Attachments

·
Banned
151 Posts
Holy son of a ....!!! I'm going out to my local lake tomorrow and if I get a 19" bow I'll be grateful. Your picture is now my desktop as inspiration to start saving for a mainland trip.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
That's a brute and they fight hard. Born in the lake and not stocked by FFSBC. I was out at Bertram on OK Lake last week and caught nothing but a sore butt and a buzz from two cans of Old Milwaukee. Congrats

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went out on the big Lake today, launched at Sutherland and hugged the shore round to Paul's Tomb. Caught a lovely 3.5 pound rainbow using a 4'' black and glitter Kwikfish - topwater! released for another day....

Overall fantastic day and you inspired me to get out there so many thanks!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Great fish, but really....is that any place to stick your bubblegum???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts