·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping to avoid the crowds and go mid week

·
Registered
411 Posts
You want pictures of Flossed Sockeye?? Where is the ethics there :evil: :evil: :evil:

This fishery is NO MORE THEN A MEAT FEST.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'd love to see pics of them ! I probably won't get out this week.
I believe the ethics are in the regs!

Hotrod

·
Registered
612 Posts
This could easily go on for 3 or 4 weeks.......
The main run hasn't even reached the river yet.....
When that happens I think you'll see several commercial openings...
I just hope all races are treated equally as the Prime Minister hopes,with regards to commercial fisheries....

·
Registered
736 Posts
From what I heard this morning, Seabird was a Gong show. A boat started drigting a net right down the bar, creating a ton of problems. Apparently the people on the boat were yelling, "get off our land, there is no more fish left for you, we just got them all". That sounds great. I am going to head there anyways. Hopefully I will be done by the time more of this fun gets started!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sockeye season sucks man! I was happily breaking off lots of big springs and gently releasing socks for three days and then came thursday morning and all the bone heads. What a gong show! Wasnt fishing for even an hour before we got into a major beef with a couple of young turds who thought thier last name was Fraser. They offered to kick the s--- out of us which Im sure they were well trained to do. We said no thanks and went to Costco for the cheaper Sockeye. Cant wait for the closure and then we can go fishing again :?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh no,here we go again,,,please keep it short and stay off all high horses and soapbox rants....
I'll leave this for someone with better literary skills,but I'll sure the ardent antis will have to get their pound of flesh yet again.... :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Reddev_revir said:
Don't laugh guys im new to this salmon slang , what the hell does floss mean?
Flossing is the art of angling whereby the angler first cleans the fish's teeth with a length of monofilament immediately prior to sticking a hook into the side of its head. It is a well known fact that good dental hygiene improves the fish's photographic quality - to say nothing of its table quality.

Dinsdale.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well put :wink: :wink:
Crazy D

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Reddev_rever,

I believe Steelie Trav answered your question in one of the other sockeye related posts:

Quote:
May i ask how i can catch my self a sockeye , Never have in my life , Im 18 and i wana catch a nice sized salmon.

to catch socks on the upper fraser you pretty much have to floss them. If you are familiar with bottom bouncing your are already there. If not, you want to go buy some Bouncing Betties from the Tackle shop, about 2 oz. I personally like to keep a range of weights on me so I can change up depending on the flow of the water I choose. But basically the set-up goes as follows:
1. Tie a three way swivel to your mainline (about 20lb test)
2. On the odd swivel you want to tie on your leader (I usually go with 15 lb test). The leader length is all personal preference, for socks you can with 5ft or so, some people like it longer.
3. Tie on to your leader a corkie or small spin n glo then a 3/0 hook. (you can put yarn on if you wish)
4. Clip on the bouncing Betty on the third swivel and away you go.
5. Cast upstream and let the weight bounce its way downstream.

If you are unsure abou this method, just go to a bar and observe the other fisherman, you will pick up on it right away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts