BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped by Scale Bar with my Bar Fishing gear on Tuesday. I started my way down the trail at 6:00 am and I met a guy named Mike coming up the trail. He informed me he had already bonked a 76 cm spring after 10 casts. Now, this is not a flossing thread so people, please do not turn it into one just because you hear the word 'spring' and 'Scale Bar' in the thread. After finding the bar deserted, I set up my bar fishing gear about 100 feet downstream of the fishing boundary. I was fishing a spin n glo with roe. After an hour, three or four others showed up and started flossing. One guy had his first fish on after 30 minutes. He landed it (dragged onto the rocks) and it was 82 cm so back it went. Ten minutes later he hooked another and it was legal so he bonked it and into the rock pool it went. He then picked up his rod and hooked another and handed it off to his buddy who also landed it in the same manner. It was also too big so back it went. After bar fishing for four hours I did not have a sniff. Water clarity was non existent, but I'm sure that was not the reason I was not catching fish! ;)

· Registered
1,160 Posts
My experience is you can forget biters when the bouncing is in the vicinity, I have witnessed this too many times to for it not to be true,
I have gone from a fish a cast with Chums to total skunkage the minute a boat of bouncers rolls in below me.

Perhaps it is the completely unatural sound of metal bouncing on rocks soon to be joined by the smell of fish blood, followed by body parts and finished with a good helping of human drool ;D.

Sorry you didn't hook up James, but that vis isn't putting many biters on the bank right now, soon enough it will happen :thumbup:.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Don't worry that MIKE was not me :peace:

I would agree with rod on this one....bar fishing last year...we hammered the fish on the glo's just as they (flossers) showed up...then we watched them hammer fish until they left...them a good hour after they left, we hammered them again :happy: bar fishing was just as good as flossing except.......we had to put less energy in HAHA

That scale bar would be rugged on the glo's but considering that the water on Tues was crazy dirty....

I'm interested in heading out there and plunking some glo's out of the boat, and if I recall correctly are the fish not way the hell out there too?

· Registered
909 Posts
agree guys, maybe it's the shhhhhh, plunk tick tick tick wisht and the line ripps through the water cause you know every three bounces entitles a solid hook set attempt cause you know those springers are sneeky at moving the wool around secretly undetected ;)
Crazy D

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Spread the word Mike, Scale bar is a fantastic boat fishing bar and if ya have a few guys anchored in a row , theres plenty of room for guys like BGM to plunk from shore and allow boaters to do their thing as well.

Some of the best bars of the Fraser for plunking are the ones busy with bouncers, soon enough we will have some great barfishing spots back if things go as rumored :beerchug:.

· Registered
909 Posts
Say it ain't so rod no more dodging betty's, just the peaceful ringing of bells in the distance oh one can only dream
Crazy D

· Registered
81 Posts
Hey BGM, we showed up in a boat below ya and tried to fish....was a lil to windy for me....besides was more just there for the ride...... :beerchug: think I fished for bout 5 minutes and decided to work on my tan!

· Registered
844 Posts
If the "rumors" are true of some kind of regulation coming to pass, along what lines would they be?? Leader regulation??? Would love to see it come to light. :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks
derek

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That scale bar would be rugged on the glo's but considering that the water on Tues was crazy dirty....

I'm interested in heading out there and plunking some glo's out of the boat, and if I recall correctly are the fish not way the hell out there too?
All fish hooked the morning I was there were 'out there' as you say, but I have seen them hooked close to the bank too. I think there is a nice deep slot at the top of the bar that is closer to the bank but it is in the out of bounds area (due to bank erosion ya right!). :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.