BC Fishing Reports banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey fishaholic, how are you not over exposing those shots with the long exposures? I find that unless it's a dark cloudy day I cannot take shots like that. Is this something you correct in editing?

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Max out the F. As well most of those were taken near dark.

I am looking for a neutral density filter too. They help a lot on the brighter days... I suppose two counter acting polarizing filters would do the same.

Realistically if I were to sell a print, mine would be considered unedited.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the tips!!! I am definitely going to try and mess around a bit more. I know for sure my ISO isnt set to 100 when I'm shooting like that. I find I'm always taking multiple shots of the same thing just trying to dial in the settings to give me the shot I'm looking for. A filter is something I've been thinking about getting for some time now, but just really never saw the point. I do however want a good telephoto for shooting wildlife. I can't even begin to explain how many times I've been out shooting and come across something cool that just doesn't translate to film because I'm to far away.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Wow...holy crap! Some fantastic pics here! Wicked! Keep it up and keep sharing those tricks of the trade too!...those pics are awesome! Love the picture threads!!! :thumbup:

I'm not much of a photographer, not by the standards you guys have set anyways, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

Here are some of mine to share...

Long before these trees were here...

BCFR Fall fishout 2007

Keep your eyes peeled!

Come heaven or high water...

Summer Steel

Menacing little guy...

Look closely!

BCFR Bar fishout 2006...

"Broke me cabin..."

Smokey Dragon...

Ashes to ashes...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I'm going to have to try this editing thing.....
But for now, these are "right out of the box".

The mighty Colorado River, about 200 miles upstream of the Grand Canyon.
ZZ 1.jpg

Beaver dam a mile from home with a great trout pond behind.

ZZ 2.jpg

A system of 8 locks on Scotland's Caledonian Canal that cover an altitude difference of 64'.
Known as "Neptune's Staircase", this was taken from our yacht en route to Oban

ZZ 4.jpg

...and why we GO to Oban. Parents, bro and wife, and us about to start sampling the goods!
ZZ 5.jpg

View from living room, at 5000' looking into the wall of granite a mile away that rises to 11,000'
The Wasatch Front, which is the western wall of our Rocky Mountains.

ZZ 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
A couple of shots of Kennedy Lake over near Tofino.

The "card lounge".

Chestermans Beach Sunset looking out past the Wikkaninish

Hiking along the Napali Coastline on the North shore of Kauai.

Hoping to have a swim in the ocean at the end......at this beach.....

Only to read this sign.

So we had to take a plunge in this river....

Not much in the way of "safety barriers" when doing this hike.....one wrong step or stumble and you become a cliff diver.

The United States' "other" Grand Canyon.....Waimea Canyon on Kauai.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow 83 ppl have died!!!! Don't you think that after like.... Oh i dunno....5 ppl died, that everyone else would get the hint?? I guess that's just survival of the fittest for you. Cool pics though pippen!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
November at Chestermans.

A dude I watched fish from high up on the cliffs on North Stradbroke Island off the coast of Brisbane, Auz where he was casting at moving schools of Redfish and maybe Kingfish? I can't recall the species but the rods were something else.

A day of hiking along the Clearwater River in Well Gray Park......first time I had freshwater fished in YEARS.

It was pretty funny.....we hiked/waded up about 4 kilometers of river through the day that did require some bushwhackin.....my friends son did the entire day in his boxers.

I caught my first rainbow of the day in this pool.

From river to mountain top.....way, way up high in the alpine after a long hike up. I really wanted to push for the peak in the background but time wasn't on our side....nor was the weather that seemed to be moving in.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
The best drive thru on the WCVI......who would have thought it was in Kyuquot?

Grabbing a latte.....standing in the boat.

A Kyuquot sunrise....

And someone who wasn't too pleased to be up THAT early to run out with the sun after kind of a "long" night prior.

Not the tropics......a beach on the south side of the Brooks Peninsula.

Boredom overtook us and it was time to play "bocci ball" with all the floats on the beach.

Trying to capture the pure elation of victory on camera is tough.

And toilet seat "horseshoes"....

Hopped in a buddy's plane and went for a quick flight around Kyuquot and dropped into this little lake.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Nice Scotty. They all look great...I especially like the look of Kennedy Lake.
And I know you're not much of a freshie, but it's nice once in a while, eh?
Cheers Bud...
:cheers:

Can you spot the doe?

ZZ 9.jpg

21 - 40 of 143 Posts