BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the Stave at the crack of noon....lots of fishers only saw chum.Lots of cutties iguess just waiting for the big runs of (dare I say it )coho oh well at least my line got wet Im happy

G

·
plenty of chum in the system right now. thats all i saw. didnt catch any today but pln on going monday if anyone wants to meet up or something. when do the coho show up. cant wait to get a few.

-fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bergler said:
Apparently, their are a few Coho in there now! When I was driving on the number seven bridge over the the Stave river I saw five boats anchored in the mouth? I wnder w hat they were fishing for? :D
I'll bet there's a lot of fish sitting waiting for the water. the mouth seems deep enough . like the rest of the rivers timing is everything (almost)

·
Registered
10 Posts
meat said:
went to the Stave at the crack of noon....lots of fishers only saw chum.Lots of cutties iguess just waiting for the big run s of (dare I say it )coho oh well at least my line got wet Im happy
i :twisted: it rained last night.do u think it helped? :roll: :p

G

·
does anyone know where the early cohos would hold in the stave? i would really like to tackle some this weekend.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
seen no coho's there today for the short time i was there! haven't herd of any as of late yet but there comming!(i hope)!

·
Registered
555 Posts
There in there, have been for over a week, just have to know when/where to get them. My friend pulled a 8-10 lb bullet out of there last sunday on a SMALL colorado blade, almost in the pitch black, just a hair before complete sundown. I got a 1 lb'er outta there last week and saw a few guys nailing on the jacks with roe, hooked one almost every cast. 8) DONT FISH WHERE YOU FIND LOTS OF CHUM is a good rule too. Good luck all :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well I fished it early this morning. Turned out someone was already there when I got there :evil: , but they weren't in my good spot so I guess that was ok. I start casting and get a small backlash, so while I'm undoing it what happens? That's right I hook into one :lol: So I'm watching this fish jump through the fog, fighting to undo the backlash and by the time I get it undone the fish is gone. I couldn't tell what the fish was due to the thick fog, but it was fairly small, under 5 lbs probably. So I fish for awhile more and move up river a little. A few cast in I get a decent hit, and a few after that I hook a beautiful little coho jack which shakes the hook while jumping all over the place. I continue to fish and hook into another one. BIG PURPLE CHUM, so I let the line go limp trying to shake it off cause I don't wanna try to haul it in on 8 lb line and waste my whole morning. A few more small bites and I move location again. In this place I could actually see coho mixed in with the chum, but all I could hook was ANOTHER PURPLE CHUM. Couldn't get this one off so I landed and released it. Aside from a few coho followers that was the end of my sucess this morning, anyone else go out :?:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just got backq.It was a funny to see as I drove past the bowl the line of cars and trucks way to many people so I move down to the trailor park two guys there ,a few casts and coho on wow what a rush to hook the first of the year. Next thing I know there's 20 fishers there so I go.Yesterday on the Vedder it was a joke .If a fish can mak it through that mess it really deserves to spawn.What is with A-HOLES snagging FISH and DRAGGING them on shore.I hope in their next life they come back as fish.............tight lines to the rest of you legal fishers

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's why I don't fish the Vedder rarely do I see a fish legally hooked and whacked almost all snagged fish hauled in- no-one cares on that river, strictly a meat fishery that river it's not a sport and relax type of river. Stave rules as does the Harrison.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me it's the Harrison, hands down. Lots of room for us fly fishers. Plenty of fish, but always a challenge. And mostly anglers with class, manners and an appreciation of how lucky we are to have such places to enjoy. Whether I hook up or get blanked, it's ALWAYS a good time there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
roscoe-pco said:
That's why I don't fish the Vedder rarely do I see a fish legally hooked and whacked almost all snagged fish hauled in- no-one cares on that river, strictly a meat fishery that river it's not a sport and relax type of river. Stave rules as does the Harrison.
I agree!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts