BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip this summer to fly-fish the "T" for a couple of days then head down to the Skagit for a couple more. I have to book some time off work and this will be my first time fishing either river. Those of you who know these waters when do they typically come into descent shape for fly fishing? I was hoping to go late July or early August, any suggestions?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The T is the best when the stones are hatching which is usually the first and second weeks of Aug. Right after the stones there is a good caddis hatch which keeps thing going good until the sockeye come through and put the run on the bows.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What's going on with this salmon run? I don't remember it being this early or is this normal and the bigger run comes later?

No for the later run it tends to push the trout out and the fishing has slowed considerably for me when the big boys are passing through...

·
Registered
784 Posts
The "T" is the Thompson river. It is a larger flow and has a few different fishing oppertunities. If you search this site you will find a lot of threads about its trout and steelhead fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.