BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to add my 2-bits to the conversation on disgusting:mad: things we get to wittiness while enjoying are favorite:eek: pass time.
I am all for the -FN- to get there fish for the food fisheries8), but just a note for any one that knows any one that buys fish from said groups??????. As I sat there on the river , my wife and I watched the FN bring in there catch and unload it:p----- for the life of me I do not know why they would throw fish from a boat up into the back of a pick up truck with a cooler in it:eek:,---- they say the fish are there life line?????? , so to speak and that they have there aboriginal right to fish for them 8),--------BUT MY QUESTION IS DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO TREAT THE FISH THE WAY THEY DO:mad::mad::mad:, as I saw this first hand fish being tossed to a cooler :(,----BUT NOT GOING IN THE COOLER BUT RATHER HITTING THE TRUCK AND LANDI NG ON THE GROUND:mad::mad::mad:----then tossed from the ground to the cooler and still not making it into the cooler:mad::mad::mad: yummy yummy yummy---boy cant wait to taste that fish:eek:. To me that is no better than seeing one kick a fish back into the water:mad::mad::mad:-------------------I would just like to see the knuckle heads get caught in the act and pay a heavy price8)8)8) for there disgusting treatment they give to the fish they all say they love so much???. I would like to go on about all the set nets:( in the river to go along with all the drift nets:( boy do the fish have a ruff road a head :eek:,but what is the point it just falls on deaf ears and I am certain there will be more to come :(:(:(-----sorry for the rant but thanks for reading.
hook line & sinker

·
Registered
51 Posts
i witnessed the same treatment yesterday around derby but it was from the net to the cooler in the boat underhand 6ft toss .also 3 small sturgeon tossed out of the boat. today netset across mouth of the stave what can you do but shake your head in disgust

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Not saying it's "right" or "wrong" but, have you seen commercial fishing vessels? I don't hear you guys moaning about boats with huge gill nets dumping piles of fish in to the hold via crane lift...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well at least they tried throwing them in a cooler.....

Last year, watching them beach seine the pinks at Pegleg was a disgrace. Male's thrown onto shore and females whipped by their tail towards a boat that looked like it could carry a pickup truck across the river.

The disrespect for salmon is demonstrated by all user groups, it's unfortunate that the good fishermen out there have their reputation and sport tarnished by the few ignorant people that abuse the resource.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sorry Don but that everywhere:(Just turn and walk away it will never change.Want sockeye look on the craigslist,hell i heard there was a guy driving around Maple Ridge trying to sell it out of the back of his truck as he drove around the neighbourhood.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right or wrong you do not have to treat fish in this manner.
I cant speak for the bigger boats, as they at least put the fish in the hole, and a big difference when your talking a ton of fish in one load not to many ways around the way they do it----and it's not a bash on just the FN,--it's a bash on all the idiots that treat fish in this manner ---------I have my own opinion on nets period especially in the rivers,-----hole other subject. This was just about the disgusting treatment of fish. all things need respect .
AS my native friend has told me it is greed that fuels most of what you see the FN do as some FN groups have and show the respect to fish and other fisherman on the river. and that to has happened to me and I thanked them for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whats important to realize here is how the few ruin things for the majority. The acts you described are not committed by every member in each FN group. The majority of people these groups would probably agree with you about respecting fish and harvesting methods. Its only a small portion that make our stomachs turn, and the same is true within our sportfisher ranks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is so true, and I think I stated that in my post and if not then I should have as in all groups and walks of life it is the few that ruin it for the rest, and that will probable never change I have friends that are native and they are good people ---and it defiantly was not my intention to single out any one group, but if you are not like that then you to will know what I am talking about please except my apologies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts