BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the opportunity the last two days to compare the two leading bait cures on the market. Pautzke and Pro-Cure. I cured one skein from a white spring with Pautzke Fire Cure Pink and the other skein with Pro-Cure Steelie Pink. I strictly followed the instructions of each product, for there way to cure roe. Both products produced fantastic looking eggs .Now it was off to the vedder for the test. First light the first day it was team Pautzke that got the start. Third flip in fish on, nice little ho about 6lbs then after that a couple pinks and spring jack. Then I walk down river to this little spot with some old dead fall in the water or what I call coho habitat. I flip out the Pautzke roe and nothing and I keep on flipin the Pautzke. As i am fishin I notice coho rolling in there but no takers. So it is time for the Pro-Cure. First flip with it, fish on. Wild buck all of 10lbs.Couple flips later another ho little smaller. Try Pautzke again for abit to no avail. Back to Pro, fish on. I just shook my head. I did however land a jack spring on the Pautzke later on that morning.

Today all I will say is I ran out of the Pro-Cure today and came home with the Pautzke cured eggs. Did Pautzke cured eggs catch fish. Yes they did. Will i buy this product again, I don't think so. Pautzkes saying is "Go for the krill" I think its not that big of a thrill. :2cents:

:cheers: sage

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Interesting result, however to be completely fair you need to do this over several trips. Some days a particular cure will catch all the fish and the opposite happens on other days. One cure that I found to be very good for steelhead is Amerman's.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ive had Pautzke's out perform Pro-cure and Ive had Pro-cure out perform Pautzke's. It all depends on the drift and the fish, no two will ever be the exact same. Sure your float is in the same spot, but what about currents below the surface? Is the fish still looking in the same spot? Or is it distracted be another fish? I always carry at least two different cures with me, it helps to fish an area with one then switch up, sometimes switching back and forth. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.