BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Knock on my door at 2:00pm yesterday.
Sure enough it is my crazy fishin buddy neighbour (Lake Errrock).
He has his little boat ready to launch at our lake it is an inflatable Avon with a 4 hp outboard.

He says to me " wanna go fishin? "
So of course for the next two hours we troll the lake only slight rain after all.

There is no fish here! lol
It was nice to get a rod in hand though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
according to a fresh water fishing guide i have on lakes it says REAL SLLOOOWWW FISHING IN ERROCK LAKE. i agree it looks great, i wonder why they don't stock it

·
Registered
911 Posts
Isn't the lake relatively shallow (minus 15')? doesn't it join on to the east end of kilby lake(harrison) just curious
Crazy D

·
Registered
578 Posts
There are fish in there I have seen them jumping on summer evenings when I have taken my kids there for a swim. Small and small numbers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stocked last sept 300 catchables

I think they all left though.

There is a local rumour that a Sturgeon has been sighted in the lake!

I will let you know if I catch it!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sorry just saw this thread.

There's a ton of fish in that lake, the lake hit's about 40ft deep in a couple of spots and I've never been skunked there, I can pull 10-15 fish an hour out of there. Usaully the fish are between 9-14in., but all of them fighters.

Wait were you guy's looking for trout? :wink: Oh' there's not many of them but back to the squawfish. :lol:

You can pull the odd rainbow out of that lake but they sit at the bottom come summer, I've seen that lake hit 74deg. on occasion, I wouldn't bother eating them at that point.
Oh and there usaully is at least one big 'ol sturgeon in there, saw a smaller one a couple of years back too, must have followed the chum in. My buddy owns the frt. side of the mountain and you can overlook the whole lake from his frt. yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts