BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I was over on the island with the family doing the city/museum thing. We took a break one afternoon and hit one of the nearby lakes for a walk. We ended up at Thetis Lake which is a short drive out of Victoria, but felt like a 100 miles away. From the shore I could see fish rising, but with no rod or tube could do nothing but watch. Anyone fish this lake - I thought another time it would be good for an afternoon escape.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I used to fish Thetis every now and then on spinning gear when I lived in Victoria. In the summer it gets crazy with tourists and locals, swimming and causing general mayhem :drunk:

The fish are small'ish and skittish but if you get into one fish, there are plenty more nearby. I've never fished it with fly gear.

Two more lakes you could check out, which are even better, are Elk and Beaver lakes, right on the highway into Victoria from the ferry terminal. My Father in Law lives right across from Elk lake. It's got good fish (trout, bass, perch) and they're all a good size.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also try prospect lake, and langford lake, there are some big rainbows hanging out in those lakes :)

Cheers,
Nicole

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've spent a lot of hours on that lake and caught a lot of fish too. Most of the time from shore fishing bottom with powerbait. Fishing is best in winter and early spring for trout, there are days when you get a fish with everycast, but nothing of any size. Last summer I tried dragging a black wolly bugger around and the bass would not stop biting it, especially around the island. It gets incredibly busy in summer with swimmers and there is literally not a single spot from shore you can fish from.

Elk has been great lately, in the last two weeeks I've caught two over 4 and several over 3 dragging a burgundy leach or a flatfish for the most part. Bass has been slow, but they are there if you work for them. Caught a 4.6 large mouth while trolling for trout last month. A buddy of mine the next day caught a 17 lb carp trolling a rapala. That was an eye opener.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.