BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Family

you have the basic idea i guess

the best way to explain bar fishing is "LAZY MANS FISHING" hahahahahahaha

all you do is rig up a spin 'n' glow with a large weight most i think still use anywhere from 16-20 ounces (yes huge i said) and then you cast that out as far as you can for most places put the rod in a STRONG rod holder (as once in awhile sturgeon will grab them) and then hang a bell which is what i do then just sit back in your lawn chair and wait for the bell ti start ringing

that is pretty much it

oh i forgot this part. you have to have a heavy spinning rod you WILL NOT be able to cast that weight with a steely rod NO WAY it is hard enough with a heavy spinner.

hope that helped

HOOK

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure generally it is fishing from a sandbar.
More specifically it is essentially still fishing off the river bottom with a giant weight (16-24+ oz) and an large irritating lure like a spin&glo the size of your thumb.
It is the most successful method to entice Springs in the Fraser to bite.

hook beat me to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is the best place to bar fish in the fraser, between hope and Agaszi (spelling?) for salmon and the such...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Cheers Stone, you got er' right on the head. It's more of a social than anything, good friends, good drinks, usually good food and lots of BS stories of the ones that got away and remember the times stories. Definately a great way to unwind till the bells start ringing.
Crazy D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Right on Crazy Drifter ....... and less hissy fits by bottom bouncers who are pi$$ed off that someone crossed their lines.

Why make enemies ...... make new friends ....... socialize ....... have a beer (or better water) ...... share a story ..... have some treats ........ get sunstroke .......... no ..... drop the sunstroke. :?

GOFISH 8)

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
heavy spinning rod
Hey Hook,

Are you sure only a spinning rod will work? I've seen lots of level wind setups bar fishing. Are you saying they are using a level wind/bait caster with a spinning rod?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's probably just a mistake Big Green ...... I'm sure Hook knows that many many people use level winds bar fishing ...... or at least I'd hope so.

GOFISH 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
what i meant by what i said is that those big spinner bar rods make life easier casting those 16-20 ounce weights

and i actually havent bar fished in many many years unfortunately :( not since i was like 15yrs old i would assume they would be casting with heavy weighted steelhead rods ? and a fairly big level wind for that though, yes?

tight lines

HOOK

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
spinner bar rods make life easier casting those 16-20 ounce weights
Hey Hook,

Thanks for clarifying. Now that you mention it, I would have to agree, especially for beginners. I am not a beginner but I have noticed that my heavy duty spinning outfit cast the weight a lot easier and farther than my abu 7000 and 11 foot baitcaster rod when bar fishing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts