BC Fishing Reports banner

thompson for those that want to know updated Nov 3

4K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  arimaBOATER 
Re: thompson for those that want to know

Let's not dump on FN here MB...there are many, many contributing factors to the demise of steelhead numbers in the T...no one factor can be blamed exclusively...There are both FN and non aboriginal openings out there...it's not appropriate to blame just one aspect of the commercial fisheries going on, any more than it would be appropriate to omit one or the many other factors either...

If you're interested in other discussions over the issues affecting the T you could try this thread out for size...

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9884.0

Some great points there regarding many of the factors affecting the T and it's fish...

Thanks for posting this up Rln...

:cheers:

Re: thompson for those that want to know

masterbaiter said:
Hey Rib,

I don't mean to dump on them, but I do believe they were participating in a "for Profit" fishery.

Baiter
Yes MB, I understand...they do have the option to sell...non-aboriginal commercial openings do as well of course...it is a sad state of affairs, too many factors, too little action on negating them. Regardless lets not turn this into a bashing session...isolating one factor in the decline over all the others does nobody any good here at BCFR...

It is a sad set of circumstances to be sure...I know a lot of anglers here were wishing they could wet a line out there this fall...on that we can all agree on.

Thx,

Rib

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.