BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well dispite the great advice of TNT in the other thread. I raced to the Thompson today for first light. I wasn't too successful as I got there just after though. It's cold out there boys and the road conditions up were superb.

So nonetheless I was on the river by 7:15 to a spot that I have been successful in the past. The outside temp was -5 degrees with little or no wind. Hit my first spot and hooked into two beauties. Both were hens. One was at least 12 lbs and the other was in the 15-17 lb catagory. Man It's been a couple of years since I landed these fish and what pleasure to get back into the fishing I love. Last year I made up only once and hooked two fish but didn't even see them cause they both broke off. So this morning has been a real treat.So by 11 am I was into two fish and the whole day to go still.

We next went upriver to another well known spot.By this time the sun was out and it was a beautiful day to be out on the mighty Thompson.I went to a spot that a buddy of mine pointed out to me and it payed dividends. We hooked three steelies and one rainbow. Two of them for me.

The first one was at least 15-17 lbs and the second was around 10-12 lbs and the most fun fish of the day ,giving me it's best free willy show several times and ran my line out a few times as well.

All in all, my first time out and 4 steelhead and one rainbow. What a great way to start the steelie season. Let the madness begin boys!

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
4 steelies and a rainbow good job! I'm still looking for my first one in a few years! Beauties buddy!

CK

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was my best day up there ever. Funny thing about the second spot, when we pulled up and talked to a fella who just finished the run and he said he got nothing and things were slowing down.We walked in and pulled on three steels and one rainbow(around 4 lbs too!). I've spent many a day catching fish at first light and nothing for the rest of the day. It can be a tough up there but just goes to show if you put your time in it eventually pays dividends. I've had quite few no fish days too.As I'm sure some of you know what I mean.

Can't wait to go again! I figure one or two more trips to the Thommy, then it's the Stamp and Vedder for winters!

Cheers boys!

Hotrod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.