BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Thompson steelhead opening/closure info?

:?: Can anyone tell me where to find the latest status on the Thompson steelhead opening/closure from day to day? (online if possible) I,ve googled and searched but can't find much.I'm dying here!

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
psh2hld said:
Thompson is CLOSED. Awaiting further test results (Albion) Will re-open if numbers are favourable.
The regs in the synopsis are a bit confusing as it does say the river closes after September 30th, but that it is classified water and a steelhead tag is required from October 01 until Dec 31. There also appear to be no in-season reg changes posted.

Dinsdale.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thompson steelhead opening/closure info?

Salmo Rusty said:
:?: Can anyone tell me where to find the latest status on the Thompson steelhead opening/closure from day to day? (online if possible) I,ve googled and searched but can't find much.I'm dying here!
Try this link:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/recreational.html

Dinsdale.

· Registered
648 Posts
judging by the lack of steelies being caught at albion, I would think that the river won't open for awhile yet. Anyhow, who wants to fish for steelhead on the Thompson when it's warm out??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
6 Posts
Re: Thompson steelhead opening/closure info?

dinsdale piranha said:
Salmo Rusty said:
Try this link:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/recreational.html

Dinsdale.
Thanks for that Dinsdale.I'd been there but didn't try the "in season changes".I guess I'll just keep checking there and pray for rain. :roll:

· Registered
176 Posts
I've heard (and DON'T quote me) that in years past, there is a chum roe fishery on the fraser going on when the Thompson Steelies are running.
If that is true, man what a poor decision on someones part.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.