BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to the Thompson soon and have one question......Is there a particular colour Thompson fish prefer? I have spoken to many other fishers over the years, and it appears some fish in local flows tend to go after the bait/ imitations early in the season with the peach/orange combos being a fav., then later in the season, the fish tend to change their pattern and will hit hardware with reckless abandon. Does that have to do with water temp.?
You will often see successful fishers use different colours to match different coloured waters......Most of the season the T. is a nice green colour(I know it is a bit dirty now, but that will change).........What are your "go to" colours for this beautiful river?...Ortho

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
These fish are aggressive and stupid,to a fault, use whatever gives you confidence as they will take damn near any offering.
I cannot find a jig pattern they will refuse, finding them is the key.
Good luck and bring hot packs and a bella clava.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hey Ortho! Give me a call and I'll hook you up with a couple of my favorites! you got my # dude! When are ya going?

Hotrod

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
finding them is the key.
BINGO! It's not like the Stamp with hatchery fish to be had. The T fish are all wild and if you can find em, then you'll have a lot of fun. I'm sure you know that though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts