BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this year's pontoon trip down the Thommy has come and gone. In 2 days of running the river and fishing between Savina and Juniper Beach, 6 of us managed to hook into only a couple 3 dozen fish with only 2 or 3 of any significant size. The river had been fishing well in weeks prior, but currently is stacked up with Sockeye. It appears all the big trout have wither moved out to the middle waters, or have packed their bags and headed off to their annual egg feast at Adams Lake. The river was actually 6-12" higher this year than it was a week earlier last year. And talk about warm...I wet waded a few times into waist deep water, and didn't even flinch as the water got up to that "special" level that usually has one inhaling sharply and tiptoeing for a few steps. There are a few comments, pictures, etc. from the participants in the Thompson Toons group site, which has been opened to the public now. All in all, a great weekend even with the lousy fishing.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Thanks for the report Proff, I have always found the T to be very tough once the sockeye are in thick. The trout are there but they behave much differently. Salmon take up most of their preffered holding water and I have seen male sockeye take swipes at bows from time to time.

Any time spent on the T is a good time and I am glad to hear the annual drift tradition continues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts