BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a meeting in Armstrong on Wednesday afternoon, and had to be back for anloother in Vancouver Friday morning. I decided to take a slight detour on my way home to try the Thompson again. The river has dropped about a foot in the last two weeks. I walked along the river bank for about a 1/2 mile. Hit a few nice fish and kept one for home. Rib I might have seen the one that broke you off. I didn't see the whole fish, only the rear half as the fish was re-entering the water. The rear half was a good foot long and thick as my forearm. I had one bow on that took me into my backing twice before I got him within 15' ... and then he threw the hook. I got a few good looks at him (including when he liesurely porpoised to take my fly) and I would guess his weight in the 2 1/2 - 3 lb class. California blondes were drawing some attention, but all the hook ups were on size 8 green Mikaluk sedges. The fish I bonked had a brown stonefly nymph in him that was 1 1/4", but I didn't have any nymphs with me. All in all, a great couple of hours in the middle of a long drive.

Not the best photo but all I had with me was my phone camera :-\ :-\

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man, I wished that I had seen your post before I passed up the N.Thompson to head to Adams River north. On Tues. I went from 100 Mile House (my home now) to Little Fort, then headed north on Hwy 5 to Vavenby, driving by several nice locations to fish the river. But my objective was the Adams River, so over the mountain from Vavenby I went. No luck on the Adams though, and didn't have time on the way home to try out the Thompson. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
224 Posts
flyfishinwoman said:
Man, I wished that I had seen your post before I passed up the N.Thompson to head to Adams River north. On Tues. I went from 100 Mile House (my home now) to Little Fort, then headed north on Hwy 5 to Vavenby, driving by several nice locations to fish the river. But my objective was the Adams River, so over the mountain from Vavenby I went. No luck on the Adams though, and didn't have time on the way home to try out the Thompson. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the report.
if you are in 100 mile house, you should be thinking of hitting the horsefly this time of year.

DP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.