BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if there is consensus on whether or not one should mix different baits at the same time. For example, should one run anchovies at the same time you run hoochies and/or spoons? Several "experts" have told me never to do this, as the ideal trolling speeds are different. Still others, including a well-known local fishing guide, have told me that is nonsense, and that they frequently mix things up in order to find out what works best at a given time and locatoin.

I've had some success running several types at once, though I'll never know if I would have done better if I stuck with just one. Any thoughts out there?

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll continue to do what I've been doing - mix things up (except plugs) at any one time and depending on what is or is not working, adjust accordingly. And yes, putting the bait in the water a few feet down at your chosen speed and actually watching their action is the ultimate test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.