BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm sailing over to Silva Bay for four days, and wanted to know if anyone has any recent reports from Thrasher?. I looked at all the reports from island guides, and couldn't find anything to recent. Any reports would be much apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
From magicians post as per Predator Charters.....

David Korsch's Latest... as I said..Howe Sound is the place..and the other side.....

The PREDATOR'S PEN Date: July 15th/2008.

An update of the local saltwater fishing scene for Vancouver To : Saltwater Angler

By: David Korsch (Predator Charters)
E-mail: [email protected] Web Site: www.predatorcharters.com
Phone: (604) 329 - 8642 Fax: (604) 886 - 1928

Just cut this section out.

I haven't managed to get over to the Gulf Islands too often during the time since my last report. Murphy's Law seems to be interfering, as every time the water is calm, it seems a trip across Georgia St. isn't an option for my customers, and when I have someone who wants to go across, we have rough seas. Hopefully this trend will change over the next few weeks, as Gabriola Island and Thrasher Rk. continue to be a really good option for longer charters (minimum 7 hours) if the waters are calm. We experienced very good results over there through mid-August in 2007, and I see no reason why a similar pattern wouldn't repeat itself in 2008. If anything, there has been even more feed over there this summer, so any Chinook looking to "strap on the feed bag" one last time before heading up river should find this a nice place to stop for a while. Associates who have managed to get over there during the past week had good results when they managed to get out fishing. Rough seas often made fishing difficult, or kept them at the dock in Sylva Bay for much of the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got back Yesterday, didn't get much fishing in at Thrasher due to some choppy seas. Caught one 15# 5oz Spring at 100ft in 109ft of water on anchovy on Saturday morn. That's all I have to report, seems like there is fish there, the sounder showed a lot of activity, but i never trust those things. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.