BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never tried before want try this year i got all the gear but need to know a couple productive spots.
PM me if you want it secret.

trout

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I may be wrong but coho don't open until Oct 8th and that's when the bait ban is lifted. Could be wrong so check for yourself.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good to go in salt, freshies go on the 8th. Above Mission is close to beyond Hope tho....

·
Registered
51 Posts
went to 2 bit last week... was doing well until a noob showed up with a float...

Had 2 to the beach... first one got off when i was walking back and it hit the beach, second one snapped my line :(

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I am sure someone posted a map to the Fraser bars on here not so long ago. Trouble is, if you search that there are four pages of results. Maybe someone remembers where it is?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i found a good spot.Ill see if i can fish it tommorow is 10 lb line strong enough?Sorry for all the questions im just a total noob at barfishing.

trout

trout

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Well we know you have a computer trout. google derby reach regional park and glenn valley regional park. 2 bit bar is just west of glenn valley park.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
And 10lb line probably not strong enough for bar fishing. There is plenty of info online regarding 'bar-fishing the Lower Fraser'. Try putting just that in Google or YouTube search box. And good man, ScouterJames. Sometimes the noobs just need pointing in the right direction. At least he isn't asking how to floss coho......:2cents:

·
Registered
51 Posts
10lb = SAP CITY!

i was fishing 15lb and still snapped... but hey its fishing.. not catching.

·
Registered
51 Posts
went today, caught a jack spring and had bout 30+ bites... my god they bite shy, feels like im fishing for pinks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bar rigging bait or casting? The bites on the bait can be squawfish and other little bait stealers cant it? I dont like the sitting around, prefer to cast but I should try reading a book and relaxing, maybe ill like it now that im getting up there in age lol.... Used to barfish for springs in chwk just got away from it. Have never done the tidal fraser roe rig. will it outfish lures? Ive caught a few jacks the couple times ive been out this yr and havent seen any bar guys get one yet.. Timing I guess.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts