BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I decided to get both fresh water and tidal license's I have not fished the Lower Fraser since I was a kid and all I ever caught back then were Bullheads.
I know that there are a few here that fish the lower regularly and am hoping to get some helpful advice.
I would like to hook into a Sturgeon or a Spring this summer and as I have fished the upper for years have a fairly good idea how but I am curious about a few things.
I would guess the main chanel is the best for the Sturgeon and Springs? I have heard that some are taken around the Alex Fraser and the Pattullo bridges?
What about the N. arm? can they be caught in the slower flow of the N. arm?
I have also heard about Dollies and Cutty's in the lower are they tough to find? and what are they taken on?
I live in Surrey and as the fishing season and the Summer improve I plan on spending a bit of time in the evenings exploring the river and will more than likely have have many questions.
I would hope that this may become an ongoing post as the season improves and that those that fish the lower often would continue to post thier thoughts and hints.

Thanks in advance and tight lines.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, I live around the Surrey area and have fished the lower a fair amount over the last year or two. I have caught coho, smaller springs, dollies/bulls, sturgeon, chum, pink and even a hatchery steelhead!! If I can help out I will, just ask away!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
try brownsville bar under the skytrain bridge theres a good sandbar-backeddy great for holding salmon while they rest up for there upstream journey! roe on a bar rig works best but the best kinda roe to use is well i'm not sure!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
only if you want to beat of old timers fishing there as well!!!! lmfao!!!!!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
There are a couple of grumpy old men there, but all you have to do is just keep smiling at then as they lip off!! This wierds them out a bit and they tend to back off!! :shock: The rest of the guys are pretty good!! I must have been there about 60 times last year and never had any problems!! But, you do have to get there really early to get a spot when the Spring Jacks show up, then it is even worse for the coho!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
for quieter fishing try fishing edgewater bar!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok I know brownsville but where is edgewater?

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Edgewater is at Derby Reach Regional Park in Fort Langley.

for quieter fishing try fishing edgewater bar!
depends on when you go - in July and August most bars on the Fraser are busy.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Normally, I am fishing a couple miles offshore but I was wondering if anyone fishes from the North Arm Jetty Fraser River mouth. I know the walk to get there could be very distracting and the topless girl selling beer have kept me from ever walking all the way to the jetty. Anyone ever fish there?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No I haven't but I think I'm going to have to check it out for sure. Is it easy to get to shore with a boat to pick up the girl ....... errrrrrrrrrr I mean beer????

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
bigjay said:
but I was wondering if anyone fishes from the North Arm Jetty Fraser River mouth. I know the walk to get there could be very distracting and the topless girl selling beer have kept me from ever walking all the way to the jetty. Anyone ever fish there?
And how exactly does one get there?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Me thinks that the Beer girl is going to be running for beer even more this year!! :shock: :twisted:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
way to be bigjay! even got me interested in the N.arm jetty after that post. :lol:

as the saying goes "OLD FISHERMEN NEVER DIE THEY JUST CAN'T RAISE THEIR ROD."

Got by early Bday gift today a Diawa 8ft. Eliminator Surf man it is sweet a rod I can really lean into those big Springs with it and I am just itching to get out there and try to hook up with a Sturgeon or two.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, I might make it out for Sturgy's not that far from the Patello!! I usually do pretty good there but this year has been a bit slow, maybe when the water goes down a bit!! :wink: I'll let you know how it was if I get out!! Congrays on the new rod!! I am picking up a new one on Monday!! A new bar rod!! :eek: Bring on the Springs!! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Derby reach is a excellent bar no mater what whats his nuts says(Birdman)! try fishing in the campground about half way down theres a covered area where ppl bbq it up there is a perfect hole there and is best fished at high tide with roe and bar rig! and lots of parking!!!! whats up birdman you never have any luck at derby reach or what? lets say i always get something while i'm there it is always worth it and the crowds are never as bad as brownsville bar!

C.K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts