BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about how many lines you are allowed in the water when out in the chuck? I have been told 4, no matter if you have less people. I took a look at the DFO site and didn't manage to find it on there.

Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
As many rods as you want. As many rods as you can handle unless otherwise restricted by the area.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like fun, especially of you hook a fish! I think 4 will do for me!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
When you stack a bunch of lines targetting socks in the late summer things can get a bit hairy.......but fun none the less.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Actually the way the law reads is that if you have say 2 persons on board, and both have a license and tags you may fish as many as you like...realistically you can handle. But, add the extra person or more on board with No license then you can only fish 1 rod per licensed person. That way those with no license are unable to fish legally.
H/T

·
Registered
116 Posts
HT are you positive about that reg. I think you can fish as many rods as you like in the salt if you are lisenced, regardless of how many unlisenced people are on board with you. THey are just not allowed to tend the gear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is straight from the regs

A Few Points to Remember

If asked, you must allow a fishery officer, fishery guardian, national park warden or RCMP officer to inspect your catch, licence and fishing gear.
Check for limits in the area or region you are fishing; changes may be made by Fishery Notice.
Field canning is not allowed for any species.
Check guidelines for packaging and transporting your fish.
For specific openings and closing times, all dates are inclusive.
Regulations are subject to change. It is your responsibility to know the regulations in the area you are fishing.
There is no limit to the number of fishing rods a licensed angler may use in tidal waters, even when accompanied by an unlicensed person. However, an unlicensed person may not operate any fishing tackle/gear.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the correction Kisinana, and for locateing it in the regs. I always went by the # of licenses, unless someone did'nt have one then always fished one per person. H/T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts