BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering how many members we got here that own or are planning on owning a flyrod, but have little or no idea how to cast the thing?

Not trying to poke fun, many guys are happy trolling there flyrods around lakes. But thinking if there were a few of you out there that would like to get together and do some casting basics or work on their cast a bit we could get together. Now I'm no instructor and have only been doing it for a few years but do know the basics. I'm out in Chilliwack and would rather do it out here, but depending on how many folks might be interested we can see what develops.

So any takers that want to fling some feathers?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would be in as well. I have learned how to chuck a fly during the pink season and now am addicted, but I would love to try a few other rods out and get some tips on my own cast. Maybe how to get a little more distance, possibly try out someones spey rod if I have a chance as well.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Trav just go to M&Y and cast a rod they will show you how to do the double haul best and easiest way to shoot the whole line out ;D then you can pick up alot of line and lay it back out with only one cast. means more fishing less casting. great for all fishing situations ;D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not true hook, there parking lots to short I can hit the window from the street ;D And you can't cast a 2 hander on pavement :beerchug:

Seriously though the Staff there are great for help, I just thought it would be fun to get some of us guys together and share some knowledge and chuck some flies. I don't know how soon you guys wojuld like to get together but we could either do the dec 1st-2nd weekend or the 8th-9th weekend. The 8th or 9th would work better for me, but either is do-able.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i know Jamie i was just saying that its easy to pick up the way to cast further and i hit the window of the store there in a face wind with a 3wt when i was playing with some rods one day from the street with a 6 or higher its definately no problem LOL

I have a few rods i can bring they may not be the most expensive but they are still great sticks. one is a Sage though but she wont be coming LOL hmm well maybe.

there anyway to do this somewhere where you could chance hooking some trout or something? its always a good feeling to hook up when your learning. my first day learning to cast at Green Timbers i caught 20+ fish but its too cold for the tiny lake now :-\ I learned by watching a couple guys and just counting out their timing before i even bought a rod then i went and got the cheapy Walmart combo to start off and started fishing and got some tips from those guys as they were there again ;D been fly fishing about 7yrs now maybe a bit more.

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm free either of those days so far, Jamie...would be fun to get together. Do you have a location in mind? Might be worth finding a park with some covered seating just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. I wouldn't be adverse to the idea of bringing my portable BBQ and doing up some kabobs while we BS.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I haven't heard...

I'm picking up my Hardy LRH in my mailbox on Saturday morning, then probably head over to Searun with Dennis to BS a little before going to my brother's birthday party that night. Sunday, during the day, I'm hosting the Christmas party for the staff and patients of the Surrey Renal Program. Looks like my weekend got busy all of a sudden. I suspect that as the holidays draw near, many people are probably getting really busy also.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry guys got a little crazy last couple of weeks. I'm game for this coming weekend the 15th or the 29th. After that it heads into Jan. Stick up a weekend if you'd like to come out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.