BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my itch for monster trout finally got the better of me and I headed up to the 'loops on the weekend for a little rainbow fishing. Our company is building up there and my fishing buddy Josh is working up there. As a result we have some free accomadation for the next little while.

I managed to slide out of work inconspicuously at about 1 so I made it up to the lake for alittle evening fishing. It wasn't long before Josh found out they were killing scuds and he landed this beautiful blackwater rainbow.

I know what you're thinking. He's a good looking guy. :happy:

I then followed with this chunky triploid before we packed it in for the night.

Then we :beerchug: and got :drunk:

Two more days out on the water in beautiful spring weather was just what I needed. We had many more chunky rainbows, (all released) and I had three memorable break-offs while battling some aforementioned MONSTERS. I'll get em next time. Why is it I always hook my biggest fish when I'm heading in to take a leak? :wallbash: Many smiles and bent rods and I can't wait til the weekend.

My only regret is that I couldn't figure out what flies these guys were hitting.

:cheers:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Awesome... fish like that are the reason I picked up fly fishing this year. Hope I can get up there to battle a couple of those as well. Great job guys, thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice pics Troutchaser, looks like they made it through the winter allright ;D

I cant wait any longer :wallbash:

Curious what kind of anchor setup are you using on the blue tube?

-RC

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey R.C. It's a scotty anchor holder with a good ol' fashion 12 pound downrigger ball. That blue tube is the cat's a$$ of float tubes. I have a pontoon phobia and I got a good deal on that cause it's a demo. The seat inflates all the way to the back so I don't have to worry about extra weight. Which is a good thing because I happen to carry a little around with me. :cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice looks like a good setup :thumbup: what make is your tube? I have been using some rope and a downrigger cannon ball for mine as well but that looks like better spot to anchor from. I usually just tie off to one of the D rings on the side but doesnt seem to do that well in the wind :confused: Would that anchor mount to a fishcat like the green one in your pics ???

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tube is the Outcast Prowler. It's the price of an entry level pontoon so I don't know how many people are interested in them. Like I said I got a really good deal on it because I bought some other stuff and got lucky to be able to get the demo from the tradex show. I don't know if the anchor would work out quite as well on the fishcat because the tube comes to a V- point where on the prowler it squares off and comes up higher providing a lot more surface area and stability. Plus it's got the extra inflation in the seat to keep it upright. I suspect that you would risk collapsing your v- boat in the back and start taking on water. You could give one of those lead claws a go and tie it off the back. However I find if you are not anchoring in weeds they just don't keep you in one spot. I'm lucky enough to have a week off so I'll play around with some anchors and see what I come up with. You gotta hate 8 days of stillwater fishing, with 5 of them being paid. :happy: :drunk: :cheers: :yummy: I'll let you know how I make out. Will post more pics. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts