BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a drive up today and noticed a dozen or so "casual" fisherpeople. Is there any point giving it a whirl tomorrow? just want to dust the cobwebs off my pin and see a float amble down the current... would like to see a little action though!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Check the albion nets...not a lot of the typical stave species have begun coming up yet...I tried around this time last year and it was a ghost town

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
anything on the north side of the fraser is always later then any river on the south side.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There will be a few cutties and lots of Rocky Mountain Whitefish around. Those whitefish are crazy fighters. They aren't that big, but in my experience they pull harder than a trout of similar size.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'ld be wary fishing the stave this year as each year it gets progressivly worse with the sockeye "fishermen" carrying on thier chum snagging on the smaller flows. Last year it looked like peg leg on the weekend.

That being said fish it on the weekdays and I usually don't start there till late sept when the whites, coho and chum are all showing up. Can give you some great days on that river.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts