BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
So sad, my prayers go out to them. My qusstion is, why was the captain not able to radio out that the boat was sinking, especially with them being so close to shore and all, they possibly couldve all made it out alive. I dont know the full details so im mot going to jump the gun on anyone.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
So sad, my prayers go out to them. My qusstion is, why was the captain not able to radio out that the boat was sinking, especially with them being so close to shore and all, they possibly couldve all made it out alive. I dont know the full details so im mot going to jump the gun on anyone.
Captain did radio a mayday from what I read.

·
Retired Administrator
4,446 Posts
Lots of speculation from running aground on the reef, rogue wave, not worth speculating until the investigation is complete. Pretty sad way to end your bucket list trip to Canada

·
Registered
132 Posts
Read in the Province newspaper, survivors are saying they were hit by a rogue wave. There was no time to radio a Mayday call. Crew was able to shoot off two emergency flares resulting in a First Nations boat fishing near by to come to the rescue. Deceased are British tourists. Very sad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts