BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just looking for any lakes that traditionally are ice off and able to fish in April. We are getting some nutty weather in Kamloops like everywhere else, hoping it is not going to be a cold spring.

I drove by Monte Lake on the way to Vernon and the edges are just starting to melt. Saw a few guys fishing Swan Lake in Vernon as it is clear.

Can't wait to get out!!! My parents live in 100 Mile by Horse Lake which is apparently still rock hard. Still lots of snow in that area!!! might be a while for Region 5????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yup, the waiting game this year. It's still "winter" down here in the Lower Mainland. Can't imagine how chilly it is up on Merrit/Kamloops/Okanogan area. Burrrr! I'm hoping to fish up country on the first weekend in May. May Nicola will have to be my lake of choice, or only choice. LOL

B-Daddy O0 (sweet smily face)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've found good fishing near the shorelines...trolled halfbacks...tried wedding bands...caught most of the fish on the black with a white halfback nymph though. The fish averaged 2-3 lbs. Was in mid-May.

We didn't stray too far from the main campground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.