BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive saved some money for 2 years strait to make a trip to the Skeena and its happening this year.Ive never fished the skeena before so im looking for information.My friend from Terrace said to come in August when all species of pacific salmon enter with summer run steelys.Im looking for a spot not to far from Terrace where i can catch a steelhead with the river all to myself and my buddy.I have a single hand 8 weight fly rod with a sink tip line and i also have a drift fishing rod i use for springs and cohos.For flys i was thinking popsicles?

thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ive saved some money for 2 years strait to make a trip to the Skeena and its happening this year.Ive never fished the skeena before so im looking for information.My friend from Terrace said to come in August when all species of pacific salmon enter with summer run steelys.Im looking for a spot not to far from Terrace where i can catch a steelhead with the river all to myself and my buddy.I have a single hand 8 weight fly rod with a sink tip line and i also have a drift fishing rod i use for springs and cohos.For flys i was thinking popsicles?

thanks
haha. don't we all...

·
Registered
332 Posts

thanks
Personally I wouldn't waste your time or money. I'm going up next month. I'll prolly catch them ALL. ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Have fun! DOnt worry, you'll find stretches of water to fish. If you have a car you can choose from all kinds of rivers. Kitimat is a good one. go to Smithers and stop at the tackle store. they'll give you all the info yo need.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Heya Trout, quite a few rivers around that area that are good and will be fun to explore. Given you are going up in August though, you'll probably end up fishing the mainstem Skeena quite a bit and catching Steelhead, chinook, sockeye, etc, etc, etc...it's going to look quite big, almost fraser like, but the water will be clean and there are extensive gravel bars with lots of room for you to fish. It will probably be pretty busy in spots, but I am sure your friend will know some areas where you can fish comfortably...

Great time of year to go, the steelhead are big and mint, just coming in...big intruders, popsicles will work fine. Bring lots of spoons and spinners too...no need for light leader either, trust me.

Looking forward to reading about it!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
How long are you going for? Do you access to a boat? Most of the rivers in the area will have settled from the runoff and clarity should not be a problem. If you are staying in the Terrace area, shoot me a pm. I have fished there a lot in July/August over the years and recently fished a few spots I have not frequented...Camping, motel or residence?.............Ortho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts