BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input on a tiller/kicker motor for trolling inland lakes in BC. My boat is a Regal 2665 Commodore. I have to mount the kicker on the swim grid and so i need to find a balance between power and weight. The boats dry weight is 6850 and has a 36" draft. I have been told that a 9.9 high thrust Yamaha or a Merc Bigfoot will do the job but have also been told i will need a something bigger. I just purchased the boat and want to get a kicker ordered so i can do some spring fishing in the next couple months. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Water transportation Vehicle Speedboat Boat Boating

·
Registered
513 Posts
9.9 is plenty.
I had a Merc 9.9 prokicker on my Bayliner 26. Very similar to your boat.
Brought me home from way up Knights inlet when my main broke down.
I now run a Yamaha 8 hp on my 28 Kingfisher

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9.9 is plenty.
I had a Merc 9.9 prokicker on my Bayliner 26. Very similar to your boat.
Brought me home from way up Knights inlet when my main broke down.
I now run a Yamaha 8 hp on my 28 Kingfisher
i was hoping that would be the answer i got. Thanks for the info. Now what do you prefer Yamaha or Merc??

·
Registered
572 Posts
We run 9.9 Yamaha high thrusts, one of them has over 5000 hours. Good speed range and enough power to take you home.

Bret

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need some input on a tiller/kicker motor for trolling inland lakes in BC. My boat is a Regal 2665 Commodore. I have to mount the kicker on the swim grid and so i need to find a balance between power and weight. The boats dry weight is 6850 and has a 36" draft. I have been told that a 9.9 high thrust Yamaha or a Merc Bigfoot will do the job but have also been told i will need a something bigger. I just purchased the boat and want to get a kicker ordered so i can do some spring fishing in the next couple months. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 8711
Do you have pictures of this installed? I also have a regal commodore 2665 and I'm thinking of doing the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts