BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone with much experience on the Trophy XL brand? I've experienced a couple of their trolling rods for salmon fishing, which lead me to buying a 10'6" king coho rod for float fishing; however, I don't see much in terms of spinning rods and can't find many details on the company. I would definitely consider a 7' 2", medium/fast action rod for a "general purpose" use in Alberta. Please share what you know of this brand.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 10'6" trophy XL rod which ive used for the past 7-8 months on my centerpin, it is rated 8-15 lb and has taken multiple springs that are 20+ pounds! In my opinion its an awesome rod for the money, super light and flexible but still very strong and had a lot of backbone for big fish!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Trophy XL are produced by or distributed by Redl Sports in Burnaby, BC
https://www.redlsports.com/products.html

They have a lot more products than what I thought that they had.
Trophy I think is their house brand and they have many rods for different types of fishing.
I have a 11 foot heavy casting rod that I use for bar fishing and I think you might find that for bar fishing it is the go to rod.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appears they focus largely on the bigger rods... I was hoping they'd have some in the 7'2"... Too bad for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts