BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Westbank and looking to do some fishing with my dad, somewhere easy to get to with good fishing, suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
We just moved here a bit over a year ago. Have not done much myself yet. Did an afternoon up at Jackpine Lake with a buddy. Got a couple of nice pan fries. See people on Shannon Lake, have not tried it yet

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have something to get you out on the water?
A bit of a hijack, but same question so...... I am just setting up a Costco kayak for fishing. Two Scotty mounts with a fly rod holder. Anchor trolley. Can tie my own flies. What do you suggest? Was thinking mouth of Treppanier in Peachland. Just did a stability trial yesterday, launched at Pritchard park. An hour out on the water, dragged a full back, and tried a red headed tinsel body thing. Nothing but bottom.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
If you’re fishing Okanagan Lake, expect slow fishing, regardless of what water vessel you are using. You have to cover so much water and try different depths that most outings will be a skunk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got out twice on Shannon. Second time was shortly after they stocked it. Once I figured out what they wanted I had a bit of success trolling green flys on a full sink line, fairly slow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts