BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going to visit in-laws on the Sunshine Coast and plan on hitting Trout Lake for some rainbows. As I am a useless fly fisherman can any recommend some spoons that may work? I will have the kids rods baited with dewies and powerbait.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tried that lake a couple of times, never had any luck, try the far side opposite the road, its a little deeper over there, a small boat would definately help.
Maybe try small crocs, a yellow Panther Martin, or a Mepps?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have fished that lake many many times. but fly only. but i know a few guys who gear fish that lake and the brass 1/4 onze with the orange stripes works well, and the same one in silver. for spinners rooster tails,mepps,blue fox's work well. Also theres no rainbows in that lake there all cutties with the average fish being about 10-12 inches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent 2 hours at the lake yesterday. Caught 5 fish with the biggest being 14". Had success with rooster tail but got a few snags and donated. Kids fished with dew worms which kept them busy. Looked to be a large number of fish rising. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i dont know a lot about spinner colours because i havnt done it in a long time but i know a couple guys to huck gear and do well with green,pink,and orange spinners.

·
Registered
97 Posts
for flies wooly buggers in olive,brown and maroon alwase work well. same with tomb thumbs and elk caddis in the morning and evening. i like to fish micro leeches with indicators usually produces quite a few fish.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don`t fish it myself but my friends do. I have seen them do well just using worms and a bobber of the boulder on the North side. They also do well with flies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts